Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My boyfirend was sick yesterday...He doesn't think it was a stomach flu...he had a headache during the day and ate hotdogs and tomato soup ( for like the 4th time this week) and was sick a few hours later, says he feels better today...and thinks the food just disagreed with him, What do you guys think, i am scared!

It depends...how many times was he sick? did he have fever? chills? diarrhea? does he get sick frequently?

Where in Canada are you? there are tons of Canadians here on the site.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

he was sick only th eone time to get rid of the food in his stomach, he doesn't get sick too often ( last time was a year ago when coffee didnt agree with him caus ehe had like 5 cups ) he had no fever or chills... Im in burlington ontario you?

Be careful...the SV that I heard about going around here started with the bad headache and then V* and then it was gone for a day and then it came back with V* and D*. I always hate telling people things like that, but I just wanted to give you a heads up incase you were going to see him today, you might want to wait one more day to make certain this was nothing.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

hey my bf had something similar.
    the night before he got a juicer and
    overdid it and had like 8 glasses of juice or something. and then the next
    morning he was nauseous w/ d* until he v*'d 3 times in one sitting...had
    d* once or twice more and then the next morning felt completely fine.
    he felt almost positive it was the juice! i was still weary though.
    his only symptoms were what i said.. and he was just really tired and
    slept all day.
    he never gets sick either.
    and also a year before drank too much coffee and v'd a lot.
    so i definitely think it could be anything.

that doesn't sound right .. people don't usually get sick from juice unless the fruit and veggies were mouldy ..

Carolee - I'm in Thornhill, not too too far from you. My sister's name is Carol, and her middle name is Lee - and her husband's name is Lee, too....
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Carolee,

I live in Scarborough! Another person in the GTA!

happyteacher

Hey all, thanks for writing back Wow lots of ontarions, Has anyone heards of anything going around in this area? lol...Well It is wednesday and no one in the family got sick yet ( knock on wood ) and my boyfriend ( whom I live with or I would have stayed away from ) never got sick again, i guess it was something he ate, my email is [email protected] if you want to write or add me to messenger :0

I guess maybe he didnt cook the hot dogs right, or they werent cooked right or had gone bad! Glad to hear no-one got sick and he is better.. I'm sure it would have happened again if it were an illness...

Take care[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

well- sometimes you just puke without any rhyme or reason. That is usually my M.O.- I'll feel a bit off for a few hours- vomit once or twice- and then be completely fine. No lingering symptoms. You can't always analyze and determine what has made you or someone else sick- like everything else, it will remain a mystery. Too much/too little/not the right balance of something can easily put your system off kilter and cause the big V.

*amber*

ps- also from Ontario- currently the miserably putrid city of Ottawa