Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am a manager/trainer at my job and I am obviously in charge of training new hires when they start at either one of my offices. (I bounce back and forth between two different locations) We have a new employee who was supposed to start today but she called to say that she had started with a stomachbug yesterday and has had d* since. THANK GOD she didn't come in sick today because I would have freaked. She told my boss when she called that she probably won't be in tomorrow either and I am just praying that she doesn't. If she decides to come in I'm the one who has to sit with her all day and touch everything that she touches. What should I do??? I'm freaking out because I don't want to go anywhere near her but it's part of my job to train her. She better call off again tomorrow or I don't know what I'll do besides have a panic attack while at work because of her still being contagious!! AAAAAHHHHHH! Why does this happen to me?? I am 7 months pregnant and can't afford to be sick and I certainly don't want to pass it on to my 5 year old or husband either. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

I am dealing with sort of the same situation. I would tell someone who is a supervisor that you don't feel comfortable training someone who is sick when you're pregnant. You can't run the risk of getting ill. Also, she shouldn't be going into work when she's sick anyways.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

You should definitely tell your supervisor that you cannot afford to be sick. You are too far along pregnant and if you panic it could send you into premature labor also, so you should not even stress over it. Go right to the supervisor now and tell him/her that you are not comfortable doing it, do not mention the EMET thing obviously, but certainly being pregnant should do it. I hate that you have this stress and you can limit it by going to the supervisor now instead of worry ovet his all day and tonight too. Your job is important and I do not want to discount that, but tell them that it is a risk for you this far along to be exposed to something so big.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Well, with the D*, the way she'll still be contagious is if she doesn't wash her hands good enough after going to the bathroom.

UUGGGHHHH!! -- I feel for you! Keep us posted............
    ~*~Charlene~*~

She should not come in at least for 48 hours after her last v and d . You will have to be strong and tell them it is not good for you to catch anything. She should think of other people as well. What is wrong with people wanting to come to work when they are ill. I will never understand, no wonder there is all this going around.

Take care and God Bless.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The problem is, I am one of the managers of the office and my boss has no sympathy for my emet or me being pregnant. She is divorced and now a lesbian and has no children so she is pretty much care free about anything/everything. I hope that this new employee stays home again tomorrow, but since today was supposed to be her first day she may feel obligated to come in. I can't tell anyone that I don't feel comfortable training her because it won't do me any good - there is pretty much no way out!

To make matters worse I'm also stressing about my daughter catching an sv* at school. She had it pretty badly back in November and I'm just so scared that IT is coming any day again. I'm having trouble sleeping at night because I'm so worried about it. UGH - I wish there was no such thing as v*ing.

Thank you all for your support!

THANK GOD FOR ME - SHE DID NOT COME IN TO WORK TODAY!! I was soooo nervous and worried all night that I would have to deal with panic and anxiety all day, but she was smart enough to stay at home. My boss isn't too happy because she was supposed to start yesterday and has been out now for 2 days, but I am SUPER HAPPY!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]aar13, i am so glad she did not come in today, i bet you were so pleased!!

Have a good sleep tonite and remember tommorow is another day.

Fifi

xxxxxx

Thanks Fifi!

I still am not going to sleep that great tonight since every night is bad for me - I pray each night that my daughter will not wake up and v*. It always strikes at night and until sv* season is over I will just be waiting for IT to come again!

I am sooooo glad she stayed at home today and I'll be in my other office tomorrow and Thursday so I won't have to deal with her for the rest of the week either which makes me feel even better!

I know what you mean, i have had to get sleeping tablets to help me get to sleep. This phobia is always worse at night.It gets dark very early here in the UK. Will be better in March, i hope. Have a better day tommorow. My kids are off school this week on holiday, so i am glad they are away from school. My parents are having my kids overnite tommorow, so i hope i will have a very good night sleep. Be strong and safe.

Fifi

xxxxxx[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

It's horrible to say this, but I sleep the best every other weekend when my daughter goes with her father......that was just this past weekend, so I slept great with no worries - not even about myself. But the minute she comes back I just can't get a good night's sleep because I am constantly waking up to make sure she isn't awake. I feel so guilty that I feel this way because I love my daughter sooooo much - but I just feel so much less anxiety when she is not there. Enjoy your night of rest tonight Fifi . . . and stay healthy!

They are going tommorow,(Wednesday )nite. I shall sleep very well. I do exactly the same. When will it stop? I cant believe i am not the only one that feels this way. Its so good to speak to other people that are the same. Its a shame we cant all meet up and have a good time all together.

You know where i am if you want a chat.

Love

Fifi

xxxxx

Fifi and aar13, I'm the same way. Every night as I'm going to sleep I pray my daughter won't wake up sick. If I so much as hear a peep or a little cough from her room I start getting worried! You two are definitely not the only ones. It drives me absolutely crazy, I am so tired of worrying about something so stupid. Other people just don't get it.

Nikki