Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I really just need to vent about my weekend. I can't calm down. My whole weekend was just one panic attack after the other. I couldnt' control it. I even got so freaked out that I called into work yesterday. I like don't want to leave my house. Sunday night I was sleeping and just woke up in a panic in the middle of the night. I don't know what happened. I really thought I was going to v*. Then I keep thinking about it and started shaking and just couldn't stop. Then I finally fell back asleep and tried to get up and go to work in the morning and thought I was going to be sick on the way there so I called in. I can't let this control my life like that, but I dont know how. So, I come into work today and I'm talking to this girl. I told her I feel better, blah blah blah, and she starts telling me about how she usually gets the sv about every other year and this is her year to get it. Then she goes into detail about how horrible it is. Where she dry heaves and pretty much throws her back out and all this crap, so its like, great, now I feel bad again. I'm worrying about when she's gong to get sick and if the whole office is going to catch it. I really just wanna tell everyone about my fear and everyone understand and not ever talk about it around me again. I'm just not doing good.

Hi, I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Try and not listen to people going on about how sick they get. It is really annoying, but try and calm down. I have been like that in the nite before and i know how awful you feel. Just try and think nice thoughts and relax. I worry about people getting sick near me, please try and take everyday as it comes and dont worry. I have told nobody about my fear as i dont think they will understand. However, on this site we all feel the same, so it puts your mind at rest knowing that you are not alone.

Ru feeling better now? Keep strong. Big hugs to you from England.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used to get panic attacks in the morning before work or felt sick driving to work. I always just pushed myself to keep going. As soon as I got there, I felt better. It's better to be around people. At least, it is for me. Hope u feel better soon. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] You have to keep reminding yourself that it is just anxiety and you will be ok. It can't hurt you.

I feel better, but I'm just really worried. I just want someone to tell me that I'm not going to get sick this year! Haha, I know that won't happen, but I would feel so much better. I've read about how people have went like 15-20 years without getting sick and I just hope that I'm like that! I just feel like this is taking over me. I just wanna cry. Maybe I'm depressed or something. I don't know. It does help to have you guys to talk to. Yesterday was horrible though. I dont have a computer at my house. The only time I get to talk on here is when I'm at work, so I was seriously dying for someone to talk to yesterday.

Thanks for the hugs, I'm trying to relax! I'm just frustrated w/ my life right now.

I'm so sorry you went thru that. I get those times as well and it usually has something to do w/ being near my period lol go figure. Also I've done that not being able to leave thing. Get ready and be half way out the door and jsut feel your feet are rooted there. If it helps any it does pass. In the mean time just try to keep yourself as rational as possible. (I know that's so hard at these times). As for the girl, if she's so sick she throws her back out when she gets a sv than she proabably wouldn't/couldn't come to work. People LOVE to tell these horror stories but ti's like anything else. When I was getting my wisdom teeth out I'd talkt o EVERYONE I ever met and hear HORROR stories! My therapist told me to quit asking people lol. That everyone is different. I know the sv stories are volunteered but my point is I had no problems getting my wisdom teeth out and a whole lot of worry so just because she get's sv's every other year doesn't mean you will. Hang in there! We're all here for ya![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Haha, that brings back memories. I did the exact same thing. I thought I was going to die when I got my wisdom teeth taken out and I would be in this agonizing pain. I had never been put to sleep either, so I was scared of that. I freaking out when they were trying to put that needle in my arm. And when it was all over, it was nothing. I mean, I ached a little for like a week, but that was it. Haha, thanks for the laugh. I overexaggerate everything. The rational part of my brain tells me that its not a big deal to get sick, but the irrational part tells me that I would rather die. Thank you for the email SimplyMe. I think I might be able to put on a smile today! You guys are lifesavers!

Hey Liz, I hope you are feeling better today. It always seems like people love to tell emets anything about sickness. It's like we send out some kind of weird vibe. Don't get to worked up, nobody in your office is sick yet, and nobody probably will get sick. If they do, just be clean and safe. As for panic attacks, I don't know what to say, I don't know how to ease them other than breathing and relaxing.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Liz, i am so glad you are feeling better. We all get the same thing. I am on two lots of med for my anixety and i feel better and more in control when i take them. Please dont ever feel alone, we are always here.

Fifi

xxxxx[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

anxiety attacks are no fun. I missed a class last friday because I had one when my boyfriend told me he had been v*ing the night before. Luckily that professor is very understanding. Like everyone else said we all have them, and I have them over lots of things not even connected to this phobia. My counselor tells me my anxiety level is just way too high. But I think it's that way for a lot of us. IT's not fun but getting through it just makes you a stronger person

I hope that I'm able to overcome all this. I meet w/ my first therapist this Friday. I hope that everything I'm going through makes me stronger, but at times I really think its making me weaker. I wish that I could tell the people around me how I feel and what's going on, but the people I'm around just kinda expect me to suck it up and move on when its just not that easy sometimes. Plus, I think I worry too much about what people think so I try to keep on the DL. I'm just glad I have you guys to talk to. I'm feeling much better after my horrible weekend and I'm excited for tonight! My boyfriend has plans but wont' tell me what we're doin! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    All that we send into the lives of others,
    comes back into our own.