Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey!

When did you vomit the last time????? And how often in life?

The last time i´ve had trew up was in 1986 and i was 6 years old....

in my life (until now) i vomited only 3 times......
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

um.. not in a fit state to answer. scared to jinx. i used to be able to do it. but not 2nite.
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the same as Jenneh. Rather superstitious about the whole thing. Silly I know but that is what us emets do.

about three years ago..and as far as I can remember 4 times in my whole life (almsot 21 years)

KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

almost 6 years ago......wow; i sure hope that lasts! every night before i go to bed, i say a prayer to Jesus and God and it sounds something like this: "Please Dear Lord Jesus and God, help me not to throw up tonight of any time in my life, and please Dear Lord, help me not to need to throw up tonight or any time in my life, and please Dear Lord, help me to stop worrying about throwing up tonight and for the rest of my life!"

[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]wow......i've never told anyone about that.......pretty embarrassing!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Carlita that is funny beacause i do that too. Mostly now if I start feeling ill instead of every night. When I have had a good day and I am feeling ok I just thnk him.
    I was sick almost exactly 17 months ago. It was the night I gave birth to my sun. Before that it was about 9 years ago and that was like a food poisoning. I have been sick maybe 6 times in my life and I am 25. I am counting the food poisoning AND one time that I drank some alcohol that was stronger than the "friend" said it was and I got plastered I was sick the next morning. </TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I was going on 10 years "V" Free, untill 3 weeks ago, I picked up the flu bug from a friends baby that I was playing with, after spending the afternoon with her she tells me her son was in the ER with a Stomach bug a few days prior, I was like FABULOUS!!!! &amp; low &amp; behold I ended up getting it!!! I am 27 years old &amp; when it started I called my mom &amp; she stayed on the phone with me the WHOLE time!!!!! (She knows about my disorder) It lasted 4 hours which seemed like a lifetime!

Ten years, give or take - half my life. Since then I've very rarely even felt queasy, and when I do get a bit nauseous I simply WILL it to go away and it usually does. I also have been known to pray for relief from the feeling, like Carlita, though that's not something I pray for every day...

I'm not even obsessively hygienic or anything - I just don't overeat or overdrink, don't touch undercooked meat or gone-off food,keepa close eye on my health and avoid anyone who I know isill.

I'm very superstitious about this sort of thing too... horrible really.
    But like others have said, I also pray every night and every morning I thank God for getting me through the night.

I hate my obsessions [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Rachel xxx

I'm very supersticious about when I will throw up... The last time I
    did, was a bit over two years ago (on April 9th 2002) but before that,
    I had thrown up one year before, prior to that, 3 years, then again one
    year before that. All of them were in between April-June- so... I'm due
    to throw up in about a year...[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    -Anna

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">I think you could just call that a coincidence. There is no way that your system has a schedual. Don't dwell on it hun it could be years and years before it happens. </TD></TR>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Well , I was last sick just a few months ago, this past February, due to a stomach bug, then I was sick 5 othertimes I can remember in my life before that.

Mine was two weeks ago! Before that it had been about a
    year... I just can't seem to build up a record like some of these
    folks... oh well.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</font>

Oh,....i am surprised.....that some people´s last "V" was only the last weeks,or month or years....

I´ve ever thought that emets rarely vomit in their life!!!!!!!!!

When i was a child i prayed every night...."Oh Lord,please don´t make me sick.....Please do anything that i won´t be sick anytime....

Emets probably throw up a lot less than other people- out of curiosity,
    I went to www.neopets.com and made a little board in their chat thing,
    and asked people when the was last time they threw up- most of the
    people said between a day ago, and a couple monthes ago.
    -Anna

i used to pray, when i was 11, evrynight and everytime i left the house... dont do it nemore tho.. cos he never helped me anyway... i stil felt as sick as a parrot the whole time.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh Jenneh... that's kind of sad to hear. I don't think He never helped you... he probably just did it in small ways, where you may not have even realized He was doing anything. And, if you were depending solely on some magic quick-fix from God, then you're likely to be disappointed, because it rarely happens that way. I find that God helps me a lot when I'm feeling ill, and he's definitely helping me finally get over all of this.

Anyway... I don't mean to start some big discussion about this, I just felt I should say something. I hope you haven't completely lost faith... I think it'd be scary to go though this alone.

&lt;Zachary&gt;
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

Jenneh I agree with Zach please dont lose faith, god does work in mysterious ways. You are an inspiration to ME, I know this disorder has different levels of intensity &amp; from what I read you have it a lil worse off than I do, &amp; your always so sweet to everyone &amp; encouraging! May god bless you.

-Lisa

<T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">For sure. He won't just make it "stop" but he will give you the strength you need to get through it and to not lose hope. He has also given you the ability to sympathise for others.
    BIG hugs. </TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">

For me, it has been a few years since I last did the deed. Hope it lasts! Also - I was/am a big pray-er as well! My time was to do it was in the car when I thought I was getting carsick. I would look at something really far in the distance (where I knew we wouldn't go) and say "God, please don't let me throw up until we get to that mountain/tree/etc." Yeah, I'm weird. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

<T>
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Ha I have done that too.I think of how much closer I am to the destination and then push for a little more. then I Think wow ok now we are 1/2 way. Sometimes I chicken out and ask to drive. </TD></TR>

thankyou melikasa, leese, and zachary.

it was a gradual thing, it doenst help i do RS, and we have to look at things like theontological argument e.t.c which all tries to prove the existence of god, but fails... thing is, as i think iv sed before.. i have an issue with God as well, because he is a part of my OCD...

so yeah.

Jen xxxx

MSN:

its been about 12 years for me, which was about half my life ago ( I'm 21) and i can only think of once or twice i was sick in my life. it hasnt happened any times. Ive never had a stomach bug, or food poisoning. knock on wood.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

It has been 21 years when I last Threw up, when I was eleven. I am now 32!!!!!!!!! I guess I may hold the record!!!! The thing is I really have no idea what to expect when it happens, so I dont know if its a good or bad thing to have gone for such a long time.

Faye

Last time I was sick was February 14th, 2002. I remember posting about that experience on IES, a few of you may remember that. I had to go to the urgent care because I couldn't stop heaving...[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Jen,

How horrific that must've been for you!! *HUGS* I'm sorry!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by carlita1652

almost 6 years ago......wow; i sure hope that lasts! every night before i go to bed, i say a prayer to Jesus and God and it sounds something like this: "Please Dear Lord Jesus and God, help me not to throw up tonight of any time in my life, and please Dear Lord, help me not to need to throw up tonight or any time in my life, and please Dear Lord, help me to stop worrying about throwing up tonight and for the rest of my life!"

[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]wow......i've never told anyone about that.......pretty embarrassing!

Carlita, Please don't be embarrased!!! I do the same thing, pray to God not to be sick and not to be afraid anymore!!! HONEST!!!!! It's uncanny how we are all soooo alike!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    I guess I may hold the record!!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]...i hope it for you really! I´ve read about a woman whodidn´t threw up over 50 years!!!!

I am just 18 years!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

But my mum thinks....there are people in the world which NEVER have to throw up!!!!!!!Edited by: Sun666

Quote Originally Posted by Sun666

But my mum thinks....there are people in the world which NEVER have to throw up!!!!!!!

Actually, that is true!! I've read about some people who have NEVER EVER done to the deed, which I find to be not only amazing, but extremelylucky on their part!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

@ NCsmile6:

If that is really true, then i think it is possible (with emet) no more have to throw up the whole life! (?) But I am thinking, you need big luck!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Maybe i am naively, but i hope it is easier to live with this hope!Edited by: Sun666

I think you are right there, Sun!!! I mean, look at the people who haven't been sick in so long just by looking at this post!! Some people here have said 10, 12, and 21 years!!!I know a couple others who also hold a record like this.So, you never do know, right??

Also, to Rhinoseri are you serious about the Neopet board thing??? WHOAH!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!