Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I felt fine when I woke up this morning, but all of a sudden I feel horrible. My nose has been running, and now my stomach is upset and I feel like I have a fever. I'm not sure if the stomach part is real, though, or anxiety related. I am thinking about going home. I have only been at work for about an hour and a half, but I don't have much to do and it will be a very long day if I feel this bad with nothign to do. I am starting to panic about my stomach which is making it worse. What is wrong with me??

Anxiety can create the feelings that you might have a fever. Do you have a thermometer with you by chance? I know many emets carry them... Can you take an early lunch break and run to a drug store to get one to be safe? Another option would be to take some Tynelol to lower your fever (might also make any aches and pains you are having go away too), in case you do actually have one.Then you can take your temp when you get home.

Your stomach might be upset due to the nasal drip too... ugh... I hate having a runny nose!

Hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself and listen to your body.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been to the bathroom twice now in the last 15 minutes. It's not d* but it's getting looser. I don't realy feel n*, it's more in my intestines. I have been constipated off and on for the last couple of months with the pregnancy, so I am glad I am getting things moving, but I am scared too. I have also had nasal congestion the whole time I've been pregnant, so the runny nose could be unrelated to the rest. That is what I am most afraid of. I hope this isn't a sv with just a runny nose on the side!I really want to go home right now, and I'm not sure why. Usually, I can calm myself down at work, but this time I feel like I should go home which is scaring me because does that mean that this time I am really sick? Ahh!! Help!!!

I just went for the third time and it was d*. I was feeling really hot, now I am cold again. I don't know anyone that has had a sv other than my mom and she swears her was food poisoning - plus it was over a week ago. I keep feeling my lower stomach moving, but now I can't tell if it is my intestines or the baby. I am going to try and get my mind off of it for a little bit and see what happens. If I have d* again, I will probably go home. If I don't have to go or it goes more back to normal, I will probably stay since it is probably just anxiety. I hate feelign like this And I can't even take anything for it! I miss my pepto bismol!

Not to be gross, but is it really watery diarrhea? If not, it is probably not a stomach virus.

No, it wasn't. That is usually my distinguishing factor too, but lately my emet has gotten to the point where I question everything. I haven't gone again now for about a half an hour. My stomach is still not quite right, but I am trying to relax. I really don't want to use any of my PTO because I need to save it for when the baby is born. If I am really sick though, I will use it and go home.

I can definitely relate to the emetophobia getting out of control. I have to have a laparotomy soon for removing a dermoid cyst from my ovary. I am terrified of the thought of anesthesia! I don't know what to expect. I have to stay in the hospital for 2 to 3 days, so I guess I can't expect to feel great, or else they would let me go home the same day.

How are you feeling now?? I am sure like you said it's just anxiety, hope your feeling better.

Halfoverthefur, don't be scared about anesthesia, I just had surgery 3 weeks ago, and I didn't get sick. I also stayed in the hospital for 3 days, and it's really not that bad. Have you been under anesthesia before? I have had 4 surgeries in a year, and I never v* once, so don't worry!

Sillygirl,

Everything will be alright. Take a few minutes to regroup; close you eyesand take some deep breaths through your nose. Remember, you aren't in any danger. Feeling sick can't hurt you, you will be strong. I know you can!

Let us know how you are doing,

happyteacher

mitch04133,

Thanks for letting me know. What type of surgery did you have? I am very nervous about this, but it's comforting to know someone with this phobia made it through OK. Did you have any anti-emetic drugs?

I am feeling better. I never went home (i never had any more bathroom problems and I wasn't feeling feverish after the last one). I think I was just having the first panic attack I have had in a long time.I must have forgotten what they are like! I haven't eaten much today, but my husband is making me dinner when I get home, so I am looking forward to that!

Being anxious can make you go to the bathroom like that. For the past week I have had some digestive problems. I have become really sensitive to certain kinds of food.

I am glad you are better. How is your pregnancy going? I go for a level 2 sonogram on Friday...I cant wait!!

Half,

I had major surgery on my kidney, my left one wasn't working. This last surgery was a tough one, I was under for over 7 hours. I got an anti-emetic before I woke up from anesthesia. I won't lie, I felt nausous (especially after this last surgery) when I woke up, but I never v*. My 3rd surgery was outpatient, and I didn't feel sick at all when I woke up. I didn't even need any anti-emetics. It really just all depends. but with all the drugs they have today nobody really v* anymore. When are you having the surgery?

I'm glad your feeling better now sillygirl. It sounds to me that pregnancy and anxiety both could be the reason why you had some d* and also felt like you had a fever. Panic attacks do crazy things!

Just to let you know - I am also a Pepto Bismol taker and I am pregnant. At first the doctors told me that I couldn't take it (which freaked me out)but now they said that it's ok to take it. The only reason is wasn't approved during pregnancy is because there is a bit of aspirin in it, but pregnant women used to take aspirin all the time about 20-30 years ago and had no problems. Anyway, they have studied it more and it has now been approved. I have actually talked to other woman on here that are pregnant or have recently been pregnant and took Pepto and everything was fine. You can also take Emetrol which is an anti-n* med and is used for morning sickness as well as sv* symptoms.

How far along are you? Congratulations! I am 28 weeks and counting . . . . do you know the sex of your baby yet?

I hope you are feeling better now!

Sillygirl, when are you due? Is it within the next few weeks? When I was pregnant I had d* for several days before the onset of labor. Turns out it's just mother nature's way of clearing the gut before delivery.

Nikki

mitch04133,

I don't know my surgery date yet, but it will probably be in 4 to 6 weeks. I have heard that your level ofsickness depends how long you are knocked out, and my surgery should only take about 45 minutes. Thanks for sharing your story, and I will keep you posted.

Halfoverthefur

I am 18 1/2 weeks now. My level 2 ultrasound is on Wednesday the 22nd - one week from today! Yay! We are going to find ou the sex then. This morning my stomach is a little off again. I ate dinner last night and it just didn't feel like it was digesting right. Then for breakfast I just had a plain bagel and a glass of juice. Now I am really gassy again and just had to go to the bathroom again. It wasn't d*, but it was kind of loose and smelled really bad (only us emets care about that ) But while I was in the bathroom I heard someone v* - not in the womens bathroom though, it must have been in the mens. Now I am worried about who it was. Does it ever end?Edited by: sillygirl

Well congrats! I have come to the conclusion that a lot of my stomach/digestion issues have to do with pregnancy. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I felt the same during my first one. Being worried about catching the sv* makes things seem even worse and that's all I'm worried about. I have been constipated mostly, but the other week I had loose bowels for 2 days and it freaked me out and made me think something was wrong.

If you need to chat you can always find me. I know how you feel, believe me! Hope you feel better.

I have the same problems. They are resolved by using the bathroom. I have been eating smaller meals and it helps. I have been drinking a lot more water too!