Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, since my close call the other night, I haven't been eating very much mainly cause my guts are still kind of off. Today though my intestines have been just all gnawingly crampy, and I think its IBS, it doesn't feel like period cramps at all. Well, what I'm wondering is can not eating much cause IBS to act up? I don't think I could have eaten anything to make it kick in since I've been trying to just eat more mild things. Basically I just am trying to figure out what my problem is. Part of me is afraid I have a bug of some sort, but I don't think thats quite it either.

Yes, if you haven't been eating that much, that could irritate your IBS. That has happened to me several times. Hope you feel better soon. Try to eat several small meals throughout the day. Not too heavy or greasy.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks Mel, I just wasn't sure what the hey was going on.

I think what happened is my period caused me to feel quite sick, then I got afraid to eat, which in turn caused IBS to act up.

And in addition to the not eating - you were worried - which ALWAYS affects IBS. It's like this endless cycle. You worry because your stomach feels off, then your stomach acts up because you are worried.

I really know what you are going through here...it happens to me all the time....i get some anxiety going on, then my ibs kicks in and it's also time for my period, and my whole body just freaks out and goes haywire......you never know if you are really sick or if it's the ibs...i hate it so bad...i panic all the time....just like today, well i do have an appetite....but i ate lunch and very scared to take my antiobiotic i need for my bronchitis that i have just begun getting this week....and so it's just a few days before my period is due also, and so after i ate my lunch and took my pill, well of course about 30 mins later i have to go to the bathroom and have bad D......ok so is the ibs...my period coming.....the antibiotic.....stress..nerves or all of the above....I think it's all of the above!!!!!!!!!!

Like Princessmel said...eat small meals...and not anything that would upset your stomach anymore....go bland for a few days until it settles down some......IBS is so tricky....mine varies from day to day what my stomach does....so good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon.

Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hey Kate,

Things finally seem better today (wednesday). Ugh I think emet and IBS/any stomach related syndrome/disease are just the absolute worst. I mean as if we didn't have enough to deal with being emets.

Have you read any books on the subject of IBS? I just today checked out 3 from the local library, interesting stuff. The thing is though most of the time I am okay, just sometimes it acts up and urgh. I've noticed though that things with lots of spices (tacos, things like that) don't go over so well for me. Its hard especially when one day I can eat something and be fine, the next time I eat it uh oh! Thankfully IBS isn't that bad for me, it was worse when I first got it.

just a tip:

i bought a book called "eating for IBS"..
    and it was fabulous.
    tons of recipes and ideas for foods if you're eating out and just want something quick. there is an apple pumpkin bread in it that is AMAAAAAAAAAAZING.
    truly anything ive made or eaten as per the guidelines in that book kept my stomach safe from weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    just a tip:

i bought a book called "eating for IBS"..
    and it was fabulous.
    tons of recipes and ideas for foods if you're eating out and just want something quick. there is an apple pumpkin bread in it that is AMAAAAAAAAAAZING.
    truly anything ive made or eaten as per the guidelines in that book kept my stomach safe from weirdness.

Hey neat that is one of the books I have checked out of the library! Looks like a lot of good things in there.

Hi this is my first post here. I suffer from emetophobia and IBS. I was given tablets for my IBS which helped and I also avoid eating certain foods, as I've learnt which ones start it off.

When I don't eat my IBS kicks off again which makes me feel sick. I just eat an apple and I feel better.

This morning my IBS was really bothering me. I ate a banana and it helped so much! I have never tried that before, but I would really recommend it now. I guess it is just the BRAT diet, but it settled my stomach fast. I had to run into an hour and a half meeting and was scared of what might happen, but I didn't have one twinge of anything! It calmed down enough I was actually able to feel my baby move again for the first time in three days! Lately, I haven't been able to distinguish between movement and IBS gurgles and cramps.