Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone heard of or tried the ReliefBand for nausea? It runs on a battery and sends stimulation to the nerve that is supposed to control nausea. I have tried the elastic bands and think they work sometimes.

I used them all the time when I was pregnant for morning sickness and they worked great!The ones I used were called Sea Bands (created for motion sickness at sea). I recommend them highly....

Marby

Tried them- was heaving behind the car in less than an hour. In a recent episode of Myth Busters where they were testing different motionsickness remedies the wristbands failed as well. I personally think they operate more as a psychological safety net- mind over matter thing. Unfortunately my mind couldn't control my body, lol.

If you are looking for a non-chemical motionsickness remedy- I would try ginger capsules. I have just recently come back from a long trip, and when I didn't want to feel drowsy but had to drive/fly somewhere, I took two a half hour before leaving and it really helped keep the nausea at bay. I wouldn't say they were as effective as my regular motionsickness pills, but as a non-drowsy alternative for shorter trips they do quite nicely. And this is from someone who gets nauseous five minutes into a car ride.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.