Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I feel like I've made a lot of progress in the past month or so... I think it's why I haven't been on as much.

I've slowly changed my behaviors.. such as: washing my hands ALL the time. Now I onl do it, if I'm going to eat, or they're genuinely dirty.

I'm not the Lysol/oust Nazi anymore. I clean CLEAN like once a week. AND I'VE BEEN GREAT..

I think that slowly I've been changing habbits that I've done for a long time, only to find that even if I don't do them... nothing changes..

The phobia seems to be dwindleing to a fear, now. I still think about it on occassion.. but I don't dwell..

I do the positive self-talk, and have stopped the what if's... if I find them creeping up on me; I change it to a positive "what if"..

Anyone else seem to be making progress?
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I have. I find myself only coming onto this site to give support and advice. I don't rant or freak out that much anymore. I to have been washing my hands religiously and have even started to kiss the hubby more (kissing during the winter months used to not happen very often) so I feel that it's a HUGE accomplishment. I've also convinced myself that everyone gets sick once in awhile and that stressing over it doesn't accomplish anything. If you think about how many hours in the day gets wasted because of freaking out over what you "could have" been exposed to, is just a shame. My new year's resolution was to enjoy life and not worry about things that I can't control. So far, so good. Congrats Tayda and to all of us on this site for making progress in our own way.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I have made a lot of progress; I moved out of the dorms with the huge
    communal bathroom and I'm taking medication; I am still vigilant, but
    haven't heard much lately in the way of SV*, so I'm calmer now.

glad to see that others are doing better as well... maybe it's cause of the nice whether we're having.. or tht spring is on it's way
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I've been wondering where you are tayda!! Most days my emet is nonexistent, but I have a new problem, and that is I am addicted to this site, so I am still here regularly!

I too have been able to do positive self talk lately, which is weird because i have never before been able to even slow my brain down enough to think positive thoughts. It might be because of my meds, but I hope it's because I am entering a new phase in my life, or maybe outgrowing my anxiety. My biggest fear has always been having to throw up when i am out in public, around people, or basically just not having privacy when i feel sick. Most of the time lately I am just able to think to myself, if I do throw up it won't be a big deal...weird, but I am grateful for the nonchalance of my thought process lately!! I have also finally convinced myself that since I have never ever thrown up in certain situations, why would I just randomly start now? Like on airplanes, or eating too much, etc. That has also been a great comfort to me.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Good job to all! Positive thinking = feeling better.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

I'm glad you hear your making progress, this is what I like to hear! My theory to recovery is:
    <UL>
    <LI>Drink pleanty of water</LI>
    <LI>Eat healthily</LI>
    <LI>Eat your 5 fruit and veg a day</LI>
    <LI>Get Pleanty of exercise</LI>
    <LI>Do one thing every day that makes you smile</LI>[/list]

I look forward to your sucess stories
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I seem to be having one triumph after another! it all started
    when i kicked my husband of two years out and asked for a
    divorce! I think by taking control over my life i have kicked the
    phobia almost all the wya out of my life. I can go out toe at
    just about anywhere now..a 4 hour car trip gave me NO panic...i met an
    amazing man who doenst reallyc are that i have the phobia (but is
    supposrtive)...we went to his palce last night and his roomate has a 15
    month old who was sick..daddy was telling us that she must have puked
    15 times last night..and i picked her up..wiped her nose and gave her a
    kiss!! WOW.

I am slo not as scared to get pregnant now...i wouldnt have sex with my
    husband cause i was scared..NO issue there now..i actually am dying to
    have a baby..even if it means morning sickness and puky little kiddos!!!

Its amazing..i think once we regain control over our lives..riding
    ouselfs of the people and things that feed our unhappiness we will all
    do SO much better!

And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Its amazing..i think once we regain control over our lives..riding ouselfs of the people and things that feed our unhappiness we will all do SO much better!

I couldn't agree with that more!!!
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Glad to hear so many are doing well.

with teh waht ifs, well every time im like its ok im not sick, then i get sick. has anybody experienced this?every time i watch narnia i get sick.i watched it once in theaters, and i v*ed, nad i watched in once in school and i v*ed. has that happened to anyone? thats wonderful!!! Edited by: juliab3