Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi

I have been doing some exposure therapy and used the pictures from http://www.achternamen.net/emetofobie/supportgroup/. I then moved onto a video and can honestly say I am 100 times better than I was. Not cured by any means but I can cope with it all a bit better.

Anyway, I have a friend who wanted to try it and I sent her here. She has found it very helpful but we can't find the pictures. Does anyone know if they are still there? Have they just been moved? Thanks.

Tammy

the person who did the site left here (mad I think, about something) and site is down, perhaps permanently.

I will try to create another one and maintain it. It doesn't bother me to go grab pictures, video, etc. but I will need help creating the site.

It may take me a few months, but I will do it!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you for the reply. That is a realy shame because it really helped me. I have no problems looking at pictures now.

I would be more than willing to help with it. My web designing skills are basic to say the least but if there is anything else I could help with I would be glad to.

Thank you for offering to do it. I am sure it will help many, many people.

In the Treatments Forum there is a website that is mentioned called www.ratemyvomit.com. I went to that website last night for the first time and it caused me to have a panic attack. UGH! I am not afraid of myself throwing up but I am of others and I don't think that I can ever go back to that website.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Fearful- dont let this make you no longer consider exposure therapy as an option. The premise behind it is that you are supposed to start with something small and non-threatening- such as writing the word vomit, stick figures shown in the act of 'vomitting', etc. When you are comfortable with this you can move to the next level. It also helps when it is being supervised by a professional, or done with the help of someone you trust. Starting off with 'rate my vomit' is almost like starting a swimming lesson for adults who can't swim by throwing them in the deep end of the pool.

I only fear others vomitting- and use the RMV with extreme caution, only clicking on things I think I can handle. SOmetimes I'm right......sometimes not so much, lol.

*amber*

I'm planning on going to that site eventually, as I'm to the point at which I
    can write and say the various words with little to no anxiety. However, I
    don't know exactly /when/ I'm going to hit up the site and/or videos. I
    asked my boyfriend if he'd be with me when I looked and he readily
    agreed. (Sweetheart. )

But I agree with Crimgoddess. I don't think that you should jump into
    sites like that right off the bat. And especially not if you were all alone.
    I'm not even going to try that site until I have my guy there to hold my
    hand. :P

Ehh...I just took at peek at RMV. DEFINITELY should have started with something less intense, but I'm not having a panic attack...yet.

I'd kind of like to vent what I saw, so...*GRAPHIC*

Oh, my God, it comes out of your nose!

When using www.ratemyvomit.com you need to have someone screen the pictures for you. DO NOT look at it yourself until you are ready for that sort of thing (I think I mentioned that in my original post about this site). I use it fro my terapy, but my husband selects the pictures to look at.

I'm happy to say that I am almost ready to look at anything!

happyteacher