Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just My Luck!!

Well, this happened on Valentine's evening...but i am alittle late in posting this.....anyway....I stopped by the grocery store after work...b/c my husband requested I make lasagna that night....so i was going down the aile's and getting my stuff....i saw this older man looking at the soups.....and he was just carrying a basket....i didn't see what was in the basket at first...then i heard him talking into like a cell phone i guess...but i could hear a woman talking too.....so anyway he goes...........mam mam...can you tell me where the cup of soup is? And i was like sure....so i was looking and couldn't find it...and noticed in his basket was a big bottle of ginger ale...............so you know what was up with that....and then i heard the woman start talking again saying well just get the such and such she would just drain the noodles off it and try to drink the broth later if she could.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]I just know she had the sv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rushed off that ailse so fast....it was sooooooooooooo ridiculous really of me to freak out...but as i was checking out in line i was looking for that man, but never saw him.....But of all the people in the world for him to ask...me of all people.....i just thougt wow...just my luck for that night........i tried not to let it ruin my evening.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yes, but it could also be a sore throat, recovering from surgery, a bad cold, influenza.

My son had a fever and a chunky chest cough right now. Soup broth and ginger ale are a good bet right now.

Stella

Well, you are right...it could have been anything really...but of course my first thoughts are for the worst....i hate that i always do that....but deep down i felt sorry for whoever was on that phone...b/c i could hear it in her voice that she felt like crap.....i just feel like it always happens to me...things like that...it's a trip.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

that sucks ini general, I definitely understand the feeling
    there. I would think of that immediately also. I think most
    of us would

I probably would have though the sv thing to. I just want you to know, in the rational world, there are other reasons to eat soup and ginger ale.

Stella

Yeah I know...as usual my unrational thoughts got the best of me and my mind went insane for a moment....i suppose it could have been just about anything really. But I sure did fly off that aisle as fast as I could...as if the v would come through the phone and get me....what a dork i am sometimes.
    Kate

We've all been there Kate, don't worry about it. It's kinda funny if you think about it, we build up this sv in our heads like it's the blob or something. LOL
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

No kidding....it's kind of insane really. But hey.....if we weren't like this, we couldn't come on here and make fun of ourselves for being silly sometimes......at least we can laugh at ourselves...at least i can....sometimes i feel stupid....other times i feel sad.....but alot of times, i can just laugh at myself. That's the good part. Hey someone mentioned something about a movie out now that is based around a sv.....wtf were they thinking.....i could only dream of not giving a crap about v like that. What would we do with our lives if we didn't think about this every waking moment?
    Kate

Aw, Im sorry that happened but good for you for not letting it ruin your night!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, really i was not feeling well myself with this bronchitis and so i really did not dwell on it too bad. It was just another emet moment in my life!!!
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by stella9

I probably would have though the sv thing to. I just want you to know, in the rational world, there are other reasons to eat soup and ginger ale.

Stella

Exactly what I was going to say! SV is one of the hundred of reasons it could have been.. just thats what triggers first as an emet!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>