Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone tried the home study course called VANQUISH FEAR & ANXIETY? I tried the home study course called Attacking Anxiety, which helped a bit. This program has a money back guarantee that it will get rid of any phobia you have. Just curious if it is worth checking. Go to www.changethatsrightnow.com.

I bought something like that almost two years ago, but I've never used it yet. I forget what mine's called. When I check, I'll let you know the name. Does it come with workbooks and videos too?

The one called Attacking Anxiety & Depression came with a workbook and videos. I'm not sure what this one comes with, but is it almost $200. So I wanted to see if anyone else had tried it before I spend my money.

I would save your money and put it towards treatment with an actual person as opposed to a tape or workbook. With those there is no accountability, and not to mention they take the one size fits all approach. With a therapist/counsellor, you have someone to be accountable each week/month, so it's harder to avoid doing the necessary work, or put it off (which is really easy to dowhen you have no one to answer to). Also, you can tailor your treatment program to your own needs and experiences, and can question and discuss your concerns if and when they arise.

I personally think these tapes are a scam- 200$ is way too much to spend on something of this nature.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's what it is called. Attacking Anxiety and Depression. I would say go for it if you want to. It might be helpful. There are a lot of wonderful self-help books out there too. There are also a lot of exercises in the book I have. Seeing a therapist is good too. I see one, but she can only help so much. Just like medication. We have to help ourselves. I've looked through my book, and it seems very helpful and scary at the same time as far as theexercises go, but I haven't had time to do it yet. I say try itand if you don't like it then send it back. All u can do is try it, you know?[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] It's only money, but this $200 that you put towards this might actually be of a big help to you and youcould very well end up ahead. Meaning helping you deal with things better (anxiety and what not). Money well spent. And u can always return it too if it is not beneficial to you. Hope this helps.