Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all!

I´m nervous. I´m in spain, which means that I can´t talk with my parents, who usually calm me down. I was feeling a little sick, and my stomach feels a little hard and a little sore. I was feeling okay until my mom called me (I had called her yesterday saying that i felt weird) and asked if I was okay and wondered if I thought that I was really sick. That kind of freaked me out a little more! So, now i´m worried that I could have something. I just don´t have anyone to talk to! And I don´t want it to happen in Spain, of all places. Help!

P.S. this is weird, but i also keep peeing a lot.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

The peeing is probably from nerves, I do that too when I am having a panic attack. You need to try and relax. I'm sure you aren't sick. If you were, it would have hit you hard and you would have no question about it. I'm sure your anxiety just starting acting up when your mom asked if you are okay. My husband used to do that to me all the time when I was at my worst emet point: he would always call and ask how I felt. Of course, as soon as he did, I starting "feeling" things that were off. None of them were ever real. Take deep breathes, tell yourself that you are just fine, that nothing is worng and that you are going to enjoy this trip. Find something to do to take your mind off of it. If you stomach is hard, it's probably just gas. I'm sure it's nothing that is going to make you sick. Enjoy Spain! I've never been there. How long are you there for?

I am SURE you arent sick! I'd put it down to being nervous, your probably creating ideas in your head and panicing about getting sickin Spain, therefore making yourself feel ill when actually you are fine! It's good that your able to access the internet whilst you are there!

As silly girl said:

Take deep breathes, tell yourself that you are just fine, that nothing is worng and that you are going to enjoy this trip. Find something to do to take your mind off of it.

Enjoy it, and beleive me it is all nerves as you'd know by now! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]HAVE A GREAT TIME IN SPAIN! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

Im sure you arent sick,I can see how you would be worried being over there and not feeling well and speaking with your mother asking if you really are ill are all aspects that can end up making you feel slightly worse for ware..

Take a nice long bath/warm or cold depending on the weather lol..

Nice cuppa or something stronger and have anything around you that makes you feel better..

remember we are all here for you

<div style="text-align: center;">Have an amazing time hun</font> [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

</div>

Wow, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said! You'll be just fine, Anya! I get a bit like that when I'm far away from home, because a deep fear of mine is getting s* outside of my own home. Yeah, the excessive peeing, lol! I get that too when I'm really nervous and anxious. Try to relax and enjoy yourself over there, you're really lucky, I'd do anything to be in Spain right now!

See it as a challenge...don't let emet ruin your holiday! Prove to yourself that you're strong and that you're going to enjoy yourself no matter what. Nothing's gonna happen =] if you need to talk to someone,don't hesitate to drop in and let us know how you're doing.We're always here!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Thanks guys! I´m good now. Yea, i´ve noticed that about the excessive peeing, makes for quitefrequent pit stops when I´m nervous on a trip [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

The power of suggestion really can do that to you I suppose, which is why I got nervous.

I´ve been in Spain for two weeks (it doesn´t seem like it was that long already) and i´ll be here for one week more! I wish it was a little longer, but whatever. On wednesday we go to Madrid for a few days, and then it´s back to Boston.

I´ve really been trying to have a good time here and put emet behind me. In fact, in an hour and a half a few friends and I are going to a pharmacy to get our ears double pierced! I already have some, but i´m getting one more. should be fun, plus I think my parents would rather me come home with one more piercing than a tattoo [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thanks you guys!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Have a great time Anya, enjoy the rest of your trip.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;