Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Small Triumph

I ate a couple of things past their "fresh date" lastnight! We wanted to make taco's with some hamburger meat that I had leftover. But then I noticed that the corn tortillas had a date of 2/8/06, over a week ago!! Also the yogurt (we use that for sour cream) expired yesterday. I examined and sniffed both products, and they seemed fine. So I went for it!! This is huge for me, because I never eat leftover anything, and will not even eat most things on their expiration date. But I was just so mad at feeling afaid all the time that I went for it. My boyfriend was astounded! I ate, and enjoyed my dinner. I felt like I was staring emetophobia in the face, just daring it to mess with me. Silly, I know.. But it felt good..

--Kim

Yay! That is brave, go you. I don't even like eating dairy products when they aren't expired. Thats great!

WELL DONE!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

that is such an accomplishment,biggold stars for youlol! just goes to show this emetophobia is easier to beat than we thought!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

<div style="text-align: center; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Well Done[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]</span></font></div>

That's great!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] it doesn't sound like such a "small" triumph to us, good for you[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Good job! A lof of emets become very compulsive about checking food dates and other behaviors that go along with food. A small victory in this area can bring big results in reducing anxiety and improving your attitude. Sometimes just feeling "normal" about something can help us make great strides in a positive direction.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.