Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My grandma took my husband, my sister and me out to dinner tonight. We went to a Mexican restaurant, and although I like Mexican food, it tends to upset my stomach. Usually, I take a Zantac before I eat it and I am fine. Well, being pregnant, I didn't want to take anything. I also am recovering from a pretty nasty IBS attack over the past couple of days, so I know my stomach is a little on the skiddish side.

I was debating all day whether or not to eat or just to go for the company. I decided to eat (and it did taste good) but now I keep worrying. On top of worrying about indigestion and IBS, I am scared of getting food poisoning or a sv from eating there. I don't usually worry about that, so I feel like I am slipping backwards. It's like I just know that some how, some way the food is going to make me sick. I am so tired of worrying about stupid things like this!

I understand how you feel. it's very unlikely that you'll get
    food poisoning or an sv. you've eaten foods like this before, so
    try not to worry. i understand your frustration, we all go thru
    down times like this where we worry about every little thing. I
    hope you feel better. just try and be proud of yourself for not
    letting your emet get in the way of you spending time with your
    family.

thinking of you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I understand your fustration and I think we have all been there! I'm sure that you will not get sick from this food. how has everyone else been from it? and how are you feeling now (most importantly!)..

If you are feeling a litle off colour I would put it down to stress and anxiety about eating, sometimes when we can create these situations in our head when 99.99% of the time they are not actually happening..

keep us updated [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

In the UK there are very high hygiene rules. If more than a few people got food poisening the place would be shut down. Is that the same in america ? i expect it is which means that chances of food poisening are very very low indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cloughie
    In the UK there are very high hygiene rules. If more than a few people got food poisening the place would be shut down..

I didn't know that! I hear all these horror stories about these restaurants but you know what people are like [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]but thats great news.. you truly do learn something every day!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I'm not sure what the rules are about hygeine in restaurants here. I have heard of instances where Norwalk was spread through a restaurant because of a sick employee. They usually shut down the restaurant for a few days, clean it well, then reopen. I think the difficulty comes because people don't always report food poisoning. They suffer thorugh it, complain to their friends, but never call anyone that can actually do something about it.

I did get a little indigestion from it last night, but it was tolerable. My husband is fine, and I haven't heard from my grandma or sister. I still have that kind of bad feeling about the food, but it is probably all in my head.

I'd say its in your head, you would have noticed something by now if something were going to happen, its probably just nerves.. please dont worry [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>