Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi!

tonight is the semi-formal for my school, and somehow, i managed to get myself talked into going by my best friend.

anyway, i was really excited up until about a week ago, when i overheard some guys talking about how they were "gonna get soooo wasted!" and now im FREAKING OUT! I REALLY don't want to go!!!! What if someone v*'s or passes out? i really don't want to have a full blown panic attack in front of my entire school. can anyone help me?

thanks so much!

-hayley XOXO

They were probably talking about afterwards- afterparty, heading out to the bush, etc. The odds of them getting wasted unnoticed at a formal are probably slim- i know when I was in highschool some kids were kicked out because they were obviously drunk.

I wouldn't miss something like a semi-formal over this phobia- once you are there I'm sure you will have fun

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

before i can REALLY answer, i gotta know...how old are all you guys?

thanks that made me feel a bit better. i dont think im going to completly feel better until im safe at home tonight lol

you'll be FINE.
    i hated my highschool dances...but mostly because my dates were awful.
    but in your case.. just stay away from the crazy after drunken parties.
    and enjoy the dance!

oh, well, im 16 and so are the guys i overheard talking. i've never ever had a drink in my life ( and probably wont for a loooooong time) but i know that they have been drunk before. However, the whole school is invited to go to semi-formal, so people who are 17+ will be there too...

I wouldn't worry abotu it too mucha s long as your friends aren't doing it and you can hang out with them the whole time....they're tons of fun

okay thanks alot you guys! i really appreciate the support

Everything that everyone says. Generally people dont get wasted until the afterparty, if at all (sometimes itīs just bragging). At my school itīs REALLY hard to get wasted, or even be a bit drunk at a dance, because there are teachers swarming all over who have most likely been wasted themselves at one point in time and recognize the signs. Go and have fun!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

let us know how it goes!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I went to lots of those dances when I was in school, way back when. . . . . .anyway, I never ever saw any v*.

Okay definetly go. I went to my junior prom with my friends and it was tons of fun. Also, I didn't see any v* at all.

Most of the stuff that people might be doing on a night like that such
    as drinking which would v*ing they don't do at the actual event. I mean
    think about it...what would happen if the administrators caught someone
    with alcohol at the dance? They'd at least get thrown out and probably
    worse, right?

The drinking/v*ing happens at the afterparties which people have at their houses.

well let me tell you people from experience, as of this year I will have gone to 4 homecomings and 6 proms, over the past 6 years(my current boyfriend is 2 years younger than I) and I've seen plenty of people who've been drinking but I've never seen anyone v* at a dance, I've never even heard about it happening. The people who get wasted then come usually just come to get their picture taken or say hi to someone and then leave. And get more trashed, I mean hey dances are fun and people who really want to be there aren't going to be doing drugs or drinking, the people who want to get wasted aren't going to waste their time coming to a dance!

hi

okay, i went to my semi-formal last night and nothing happened In fact, i had an awesome time!

thanks so much to everyone tho! i really needed to feel better

have a good weekend!

-hayley XOOX

I'm glad u had a great time