Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I woke up about an hour ago with a churned up tummy and cramps. I thought it was just IBS, but after 3 lots of d* and the dry heaves I think it must be the sv caught from my son. It is less than a month since I had one so I did not expect to get this. I am reallyscaredbut maybe I will not actually v* this time.I am a lot more worried about my daughter or husband getting it. I wish I could just hide away until it was over. I want to hide away from everyone. I am so fed up of all these bugs.

Oh no!!!!!

I am so sorry you have to go through this again so soon! I hope it flies by quick with no V* and you feel better soon!! How's your son doing now??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Oh you poor thing >.< I hope you start feeling better soon!

whendid your son have it? did everyone in your house get it then? you poor thing....do you have any meds?

Crappy (pardon the pun)....I hope that you feel better real soon. Poor hun, that is so yuck that you got it twice! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Curly, I'm so sorry you're feeling sick. I read your posts the other day about seeing all that v* in town and I cringed. Do you have any pepto you can take (bismuth subsalicylate)? Try putting a cool damp washcloth on the back of your neck if you start to feel n*. I hope you feel better fast, try to remember that if you do v* you will feel so much better afterwards. Hopefully this will be the last of the sv that hits your house.

Nikki

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

just think happy thots hun, right now im not feeling all that well either.. im trying to quit smoking but that just made me eat more...and i think i ate too much.. just remmeber that after its over.. its over... and its not a life time illness. Think about times wehre you felt proud ofyourself...feel better!.
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.

Veebum that is such a great way of looking at it 'it's not a lifetime illness' - it does put things more into perspective when you look at it like that!

The way I feel with this phobia is almost like everyone should put a red cross on their door when they have it in the household (just as though its the plague!) but as Veebum says IT IS NOT A LIFETIME ILLNESS - I think that's a great way of looking at it!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i'm so sorry curly wurly, your having such a bad time of it at the moment! how are you feeling now (its been about 5 hours since you posted?) Try and sleep as much as you can as that worked wonders for your son. If your hubby and daughter keep away then I am sure they will not catch it. I'll be online later today to check your progress..

Take Care and use all the advice given in other posts (cold flannels, peptobismol..) and you'll get through it okay [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

Thank you everyone for your kind words

It has not been a good morning. I managed only 5 hours with no v*, then I must have fallen asleep as it caught me unaware. For the past 3 hours I have had v* and d* about every half hour. I have just come downstairs for a drink but now I am going back to bed as I feel a bit better lying still. This has been horrible. I have sent my husband and children out (my son is 100% better today). I am in a bit of a panic, but I keep telling myself it will be over soon. I am so so scared my daughter and husband will get it.

Good Morning Sweetie,

I am so sorry to learn that you are sick. I don't what I can say to make you feel better. You got sick within the 48 hours (the 36 mark) of when your son became ill. Although you did everything you could "not" to catch it, you still had to clean up after him which is how you got it. From what I have read, immunity to sv is about fourteen days!!!! Thats not too long at all.

By the time you read this, you will probably be on the mend. I will be thinking o of you.

Stella

Hope you feel better soon Hun. Have a good rest without the children being with you. Just relax and you will be better soon. Let us know how you are feeling. Remember to drink lots of water.

Luv

Fifi[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I am so so sorry to hear that you are sick again!! That is terrible, you are being so brave and handling it quite well!!! Let us know how you are, I hope you feel better soon!!!

Oh NO!!! I'm really sorry you caught it. You had it rough last time. Maybe it won't be as bad this time.

I feel so bad for you! These things usually clear up pretty quickly. Hopefully it won't be too bad and you will feel better soon. Do you have any meds to take that might make you feel better?

I"m sorry you're having to deal with this especially after jsut getting over it so recently. I really hope you get better soon. And look at it this way youwill feel much better once it's all over...

curly, I havent been on this site all day, so I am just now reading this. I hope you are feeling better now, I am so sorry you are having to go through this again.

Did you have any kind of anti-emetics on hand?

curly wurly, my thoughts are with you......

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It's been quite a while since you posted, I hope things are much better for you now. If not send your hubby out for some phenergan. You're handling it so well, I would be such a wreck!

Nikki

Thankyou for your support everyone

Things are not great. I have had v* and d* on and off all day. I have not v* for nearly an hour now but the last time was very scary, I could hardly breathe.Then I passed out on the way back to bed, so I am going to try really hard not to let it happen again. I feel so weak and fuzzy headed.

I would love to be in bed now but my husband has started v*ing so I am having a panic attack and can not bare to be near him. I hate this so much!!!!!!!! I am going to sleep downstairs tonight.

I am sooooooo sorry to hear this hun. Hope you feel better soon. *hugs* x x

ohno you poor thing! Can you call the dr. for some anti emetic? Or send anyone to the store for you and your hubby? I hope you will be feeling better soon. Get lots of rest.

Gosh, you guys are having a rough time, I hope that this is over with quickly. Know we are all here for you!!

I am so sorry to heat that you guys are sick. Well, your hubby caught it from you and your son, so you can't catch it from him. Poor thing. I hope you all feel better soon.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Hi Curly!

I am so sorry for you right now. I haven't been here for a few days because I was in a terriblecar accident on Wednesday and I'm just now feeling a little better. (I'm ok, don't worry) I didn't know that your son was even sick since I haven't been here. You are being so strong . . . I feel so bad and wish I could give you a BIG hug! I hope that by now you are at least feeling a little better. How is hubby? I would be panicing too. I hope everyone is better soon. Keep us posted!

Alissa

Oh my... This sounds like a nightmare, but a nightmare that is making you much stronger. Do keep us posted on how you are doing now. *hugs*
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Take care Curly,
    Have you tried some Gatorade? I thought I would hate it but it is not really sweet and has the electrolytes that you have lost. Just sips, o.k? Hope you are better soon---I know it is awful!!!

I really hope you guys feel better soon. Get some rest so you can get your strength back up. Sorry u r feeling so yucky.

Aww Curly,

You poor thing, ugh. You are getting through the worst of it now though, these things usually don't last too long, the v*ing should stop sometime soon, usually at most (for me anyways) its a day, then once it stops for awhile usually its done. You may get runs longer though even after the v* has stopped. Hang in there you'll make it! Just bed down wherever you feel safest with drink and can and stuff. Watch some tv, that sometimes helps me take my mind off of it. I hope things get better foryou soon!