Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i was wondering if anyone has the same problem as my partner is not very sipportive and says im silly. My daughter gets ill every time she teethes. late 2 nights ago i heard her gag and told my partner she had been sick. i told him to go up and he replied "why can't you!" despite knowing my fear (i told him 2 years ago). he got in a right huff but did sort her out. however i cleaned up her mess and was really exicited and proud. (fair enough i just picked up her sheet and put it in the bin) but i wouldnt have done that a few months ago. so i rang my mother and told her how pleaesd i was with my self. i got off phone and he again told me i was stupid for getting excited about it as its what any "normal" mother would do. hes a good man, but how do i get him to understand? he finds conversation quite tense

i think you did very well. Well Done. I dont think men understand about these things. Keep strong and dont worry about what people think. You have this phobia and u have to sometimes look it in the face.

Well done

Fifi[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

well it doesn't matter what he thinks I'm proud of you, I don't think that I could have doen what you did, ok maybe it does matter what he thinks. The easiest way I've found to explain my phobia to people is to say, ok is there something that you are afraid of or have a phobia of, that's what this is like for me

Well done for managing to do that, I dont myslef have children but I can see how much of a huge deal that is for you to have been able to do that!

I dont think that my partner really understands completly what Im going through either, think she thinks it may just be something thats all in my head which yes it is but maybe an excuse not to do things ect which is completly wrong!!

but anyway maybe if you get him to read a few posts on here that you think he may find of interest and also you as well,something you can help explain to him..

I really hope that you get it sorted out hun

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thankyou for your kind words, it may seem silly to be proud, but i think cleaning up after her was a big step. i had sv on xmas day as did my other half and daughter and i went crazy so to get to this after a couple of months is a big acheivement