Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all,

I need to ask you you're advice. Shall i tell my husband about this phobia? I told my son the other day, however, i really want to tell him. What do you guys think? I dont want him to think i am silly or mad. But, i want to tell him with everything going around at the moment.

Please let me know what you think.

Lots of love

Fifi

I told my hubby Dec 04, purely becos I had worked myself up into such a panic, I declined2 xmas parties then had to go to the dentist. I ended up going to the doc and telling him I was panicked and he was fab.

My hubby was really understanding about it, I pointed out previous things that had happened during our relationship (once years ago before we lived together we have a massive phone arguement, he went out got majorly drunk and turned up on my doorstep, he eventally fell out the door and v* all over the pavement, do you know what I did?? I phoned his parents and told them to come and get him, I was around 27, how sad is that!!)anyway he said it knida made sense to him and now he just listens when Im stressed. I guess Im kinda lucky that he i sooooo understanding.

If you think your hubby will "get it" (and only you'll know)I think you should tell him.

Let me know how you get on.

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey fifi,

Your son being so great about it was fantastic great to know that you have someone around who "understands"..

Telling your husband could be a great idea, May help a little with some anxiety that comes with this also having people around you that know may make your life a little easier for you

So I say yup great idea hun go for it

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I told my partner about it last week and I found it to be such a relief. He laughed, not because he thought it was stupid but because he couldn't believe I had this hidden for so long. It's hard for me to act "normal" sometimes when I hear of sv and people getting sick so it was a relief for him to know why I act so strange about v*.

You may be surprised to learn that he already has a sense of it--it's hard to hide the emet in us when we're presented with our children or partners being sick. How long have you been married and how long have you been emet?

Nikki

Thank you all for your replies. I have been married to him for four years. I was married before to my kids dad. I have now told him and he is so supportive and said to me not to be scared about it because he is here with me and he will look after the kids if they get sick. I feel so much better for telling him as he knows i get anixety and i think maybe he knew deep down that something was bothering me.

I really am glad he understands, he is from a different country and it is sometimes hard to put into words how i feel. He is a very kind man and is not scared of anything, only flying, which i am too!!!!

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom. I also feel so much better since i have joined this site. I think of you all as my Emet family, and i am so glad i am not alone about this phobia.