Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Heya.

I'm back again. With more worrying. And I know you lovely peoples can;t sya much more than you did the day I posted. But writing it kinda makes me feel better and takes my mind off things.

ok, so my mum had a sv on Wednesday night. And she had s* and d* all day thursday and only today felt well enough to go out.

And I thought, well it's been a few days now I surely would have got it. But I just heard her on the phone, saying it takes 48 hours once you've been infected with it for it to effect you.

So now I'm back to worrying that maybe I could still have caught it. And well...I dunno.

Sorry about the random post...that probably seems pointless. xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

When did you last see her?

Ive been in the same house as her the whole time. I didnt use the bathroom til it was bleached or anything. But since yesterday I've properly seen her and spoken to her and stuff.
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

You know what a Doctor told me one time. Always use a different towel if someone is sick. When you wash and then dry your hands, use your own towel. It is so differcult to say if you will catch it or not. I am sure if you have not been round her when she actually v* then i am sure you will be ok.

Just try and relax. My kids have V*before and i have cleaned it up.I have not, touch wood, caught anything from it. It could be anything that made her sick. Ru sure it was an sv?

Stay strong and i hope this was helpful to you.

I am still on line so write back so i know you are ok.

Love

Fifi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah, she caught it from a patient at work.

thats a relief. I just decided to use my own towel...don't know what made me think I should but I did.

I've been fine all day. Until I heard her say it takes 48 hours to show. And since then I feel horrible.

Just keep strong and try not to worry too much. Anixety can make you feel really bad. I think you would of got it by now as you have been around her all week. Get plenty of fresh air and drink lots of water. Remember, wash your hands aslong as it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice!! It sounds daft but its good. I got that from this site.

You can only do what you can do to avoid this. Think of the summertime that is just around the corner, the lighter eves. We have all that to look forward to. Let me know how you are feeling. Does your mum know that you have this phobia?

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thank you lots.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

someone told me about the washing hands thing the other day, and I've done it religously ever since.

I just called my best friend for an hour ( he doenst know about my emet) and it completely took my mind off things which kinda convinced me the feeling Ive got that I'm ill is my mind telling me that cos I'm worried.

No my mum doesnt know. I once printed off a page from here and showed her and she told me not to be so dramatic.

xxx.