Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i'm new here but i was soooo relieved when i came upon this site, it has been so nice to know there are other people that feel like i do. well, my daughter, 1 1/2, v* in bed this morning (she sleeps with me!) i'm a single mom so i HAD to deal with it. i was freaking!! (i still am) i called my grandmother and she came over to help, my family is pretty sensitive to my emet. she v* 3 more times before she fell asleep at noon for 2 hours. she has no d* (yet) but i'm pretty sure it's an sv b/c my sister and neice had an sv early last week and i finally felt ok enough to have them over yesterday...and now this happens! i'm scared to death b/c i know i'm gonna have it next! my anxiety level is through the roof right now i can't even eat. i just need some words of support and advice! thank you...wish me luck [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] ~*Jacque*~

awwww it must be horrible for you. but on the positice side at least you have the lovely people on here to help you through.

I'll give you what other people have said to me, which helped. Wash your hands well, someone suggested long enough to sing happy birthday to yourself twice. hehe. I did it and felt crazy but I like it.

From what Ive read theres loads of people on here saying they've got family who theyve looked after and not got the sv so you'll prob be fine.

*hugs*

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Yup, wash, wash, wash your hands. Lysol the doorknobs, and that kind of thing. I am also a single mom, and know all about having a sick kid, and that kid sleeps with you. My son is almost 5, but still climbs into bed with me. I always think "please don't let him v* on me again" (yes, it happened to me too).

I hope your daughter feels better soon (kids always bounce back so quickly) and that you don't catch it too!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I hadf types you a long essage on here, but my cat jumped on the switch and knocked me off. Sorry, but I will make this short so you at least get it before I get knocked off again somehow. I am a mom, not single, but a mom all the same with a husband who works so I do get to experience the V* thing a lot with my son since he V*'s so much. He can cough and V*, smell something bad and V*...etc..

I hate it when they are sick and it is awful. The symptoms she has sound like the SV's that my son has had, but no one else ever got them from him and that may help you feel better knowing that. I know lots of moms who do not ever catch the SV or colds or anything from their kids. That said, keep your hands clean and away from eyes, nose and mouth!!! I was told by the Pediatrician that is the way it is transmitted and clean hands are your best defense. It is too late for you child to keep hands clean, but for you it is your best bet.

There are so many moms on here and they are the MOST helpful people you will find. USE us, it is why we are here and we can always be support when you are a wreck.

I hope things are better there for you and just know that with all the moms on this site, you can usually get what you need.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

If it makes you feel better my Mom NEVER caught any stomach stuff from my brother or me when we were kids. She was single too so she had to do it all as you are having to and still never caught it and she's not even an emet so she probably didn't take any of the all ready mentioned precautions. We're here for ya!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

My mom never caught anything from us, either!! I have caught 2 sv's from my kids, but I only got d* both times, I never v'ed!!! I am glad that you have family who are supportive!! That's a very good thing!!! Let us know how you all are!!

Jacque, I feel for you! My 19 month old daughter was sick before Christmas and I almost lost my mind. I couldn't eat either because my anxiety was so high, and that of course makes you feel sick! My daughter v* twice (thank God, I've heard of some kids doing it over and over again), and then she had some loose poops and one d* diaper on the third day. The v* was over within 6 hours but she was lethargic and had a poor appetite for a few days. Luckily I didn't get it; my fiance got cramps and d* for a day but luckily no v*.

Don't give her anything by mouth for two hours after she v*. Don't let her have any milk either--it'll irritate her stomach. Offer pedialyte or one of the generic knockoffs. When she can hold down food give her the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. These help settle the stomach and make the poop more solid. Do you have a waterproof pad you can put under the sheets so it won't ruin your bed? I also recommend carrying a towel or receiving blanket on your shoulder at all times in case of more v*.

Best of luck, I'm sorry the father isn't around to help you. It's great though that you have such a supportive family.

Nikki

Before I married my husband I was a single mom and it's tough for an emet to deal with a sick child, I know. You are strong though and you'll make it through! You're also VERY lucky to have a supportive family who understands your emet and helps you out because it's hard to find that. How is your little one feeling now? I think that if you wash, wash, wash you will be fine! Good Luck and hope you are all well soon!

My children getting sick is the hardest part of this phobia for me. You sound like you handled it very well. Pat yourself on the back for that -- it's tough.

My kids have both had the sva few times and I haven't gotten it.

Hang in there!Edited by: carlie