Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Jessie (my dog)wasn't feeling too well this morning.I wasn't either, but it was nothing compared to whatthe poor baby must have been feeling.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] He had diarreah todayand was in general very weak and tired.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]We are trying to figure out what he could've possibly eaten to cause him to be so sick. I think it was my fault. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I gave him a BIG rawhide bone to chew on yesterday in celebration for Good Friday, and I think that might have made him sick! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

He just v****** a few minutes ago. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]And I ran away...AGAIN!!!

So now, I am feeling awful for running away. And my parents are mad at me for running away. And poor Jessie is sick. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]And I'm terrified of going downstairs....[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Sorry guys...just needed to vent. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NCsmile6

Jessie (my dog)wasn't feeling too well this morning.I wasn't either, but it was nothing compared to whatthe poor baby must have been feeling.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] He had diarreah todayand was in general very weak and tired.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]We are trying to figure out what he could've possibly eaten to cause him to be so sick. I think it was my fault. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I gave him a BIG rawhide bone to chew on yesterday in celebration for Good Friday, and I think that might have made him sick! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

He just v****** a few minutes ago. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]And I ran away...AGAIN!!!

So now, I am feeling awful for running away. And my parents are mad at me for running away. And poor Jessie is sick. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]And I'm terrified of going downstairs....[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Sorry guys...just needed to vent. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

oh neha, i'm so sorry. please keep us posted on how he is doing.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Thank You, Stephanie!!! He's asleep right now...he went no. 2 two more times after he got sick. But I think he just wants to rest now. And I'm suprisingly calm!!! I don't feel the least bit scared! I even feel like I can go downstairs now and step in the room where he was sick!! What a contrast to the last time he was sick! I wonder if this gradual exposure therapy is making me stronger?? I didn't even look this time when he was sick. I knew it would make me upset, so I went upstairs and stayed there. I still yelled profanity (from the shock)...lol, need to work on that[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]..but I think I react a little "better"each time. If that makes sense.

Anyway,I want to thank you, Babydoll and SnowAngel for chatting with me!!! I don't think I'd be nearly as calm if I hadn't been chatting!!!

Thanks!!!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Hey Neha!

Im glad its gettin easier for you to deal with Jessie being sick. Im sorry she was sick, man I took my dog to the vet thursday, and she was standing in my lap, and was sick over the side of the seat! To be honest it didn't bother me too bad. Thats a good sign that we're both handling things good like that! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

WOW!!!! Glad both of us are handling it so well!!!! Very good news![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I remember when Jessie was sick in my lapin the carwhen he was just a puppy!! I handled it the very opposite of how you did!!!

But it's different now.Like I said, I think the more we are exposed to it, the "thicker it makes our skin."

It's good to hear that we are learning to deal! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Sorry to hear Neha, how's he doing now?

This sounds gross, but have you checked his feces for worms? Even indoor dogs and cats can get wormy, check it out (take a rake or shovel and chop at it and look for worms, you'll be able to see them) if so, no biggie, just go to a petfood store or to Target or the like and get some worming stuff (ivermectin is the best).

It's okay that you ran away, he'll understand. Dogs are really forgiving that way

my cat is sick at least every week...at first it upset me but now i can clean it up and everything...u just get used 2 it

I'm glad your starting to deal with it and that its getting easier. I have rabbits that dont really v*! I have a cat who v* quite offten but it doesnt bother me too much. I just look away and would never clean it up! Well. done. How is he feelin this morning?

Hey

Its definate exposure therapy!!! The more they do ti the less you notice, when my cat first even gagged when she was a kitten i ran!!! Now i clean her Puke up!!!

And dont feel bad for leavign the room, my mum and my sister (The non emetophobes) both run out the room screamign "Ewwwwwww"

Well doen for being able to go into the room Neha, and i hope your poor little doggy feels betetr soon

*Hugs*
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

heya, i just wanna congratulate ya too.

i know that if my dog was to ever be sick, i defenitely couldnt clear it up, i simply run away and never enter that room until its all gone. i suppose it wud have to be a bit differnt if i was in the house on my own god, i hope that never happens.

anyway, i hope ur dog gets better soon, my nan's dog is ill at the moment too

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Quote Originally Posted by NCsmile6

Thank You, Stephanie!!! He's asleep right now...he went no. 2 two more times after he got sick. But I think he just wants to rest now. And I'm suprisingly calm!!! I don't feel the least bit scared! I even feel like I can go downstairs now and step in the room where he was sick!! What a contrast to the last time he was sick! I wonder if this gradual exposure therapy is making me stronger?? I didn't even look this time when he was sick. I knew it would make me upset, so I went upstairs and stayed there. I still yelled profanity (from the shock)...lol, need to work on that[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]..but I think I react a little "better"each time. If that makes sense.

Anyway,I want to thank you, Babydoll and SnowAngel for chatting with me!!! I don't think I'd be nearly as calm if I hadn't been chatting!!!

Thanks!!!

neha, i'm glad you & jessie are doing better. if you need somebody to talk to, i'm here. i'll be on later today most likely if not then tomorrow.
    ♥Stephanie

My darling cat spit up hairball all over my bed last night, n then started doin the big gulping thing... I was this close to throwin it outta the room n lettin someone else deal with it! Not a huge fan of cleanin up animal puke... Im suprised you guys do it! I know I could, Ive cleaned up the remains of person-puke at work cuz I had to before, but Id never ever do it if there was anyone else around who could be talked into it![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

wow eternity, i would have never been able to clean up human puke, unless it was my kids or something.

not for any amount of pay. yuck.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Well it wasnt a big pile of it or nethin- I could never do that- the guys wife had wiped up most of it with a towl n all I had to do was throw the towl away n clean up the last tiny bits. I was dead proud of myself lol. I wasnt nearly this bad then, as ya can imagine... I went thro a longish period of being more or less okay, unless someone actually threw up on me, or I was sick myself.

Yeah, Eternity, I wouldn't be able to do that either. Yuck. Neha, Hope everyone's doing better. Don't worry about running away. You keep getting better each time he's sick, and Jessie will forgive you.

wow thats great. I dont think I could of done that!!

Hey Guys!!!

Thanks for all the support and your concerns!!! (Jessie thanks you too! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]) Things are SOOO much better today!!! He finally ate something, and kept it down!! No diareahh or v********!!! I was so worried about him yesterday because he hasn't been sick like that ever. But he seems back to his old self today!! We went up to Wal-Mart (the only store open today) and bought him a whole bunch of doggie toys! He was so happy!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I figured he deserved it after all he's been through!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

WOW!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]I CAN'T believe that some of you clean up your pets' v*****!!!!! That's HUGE!!! You should all be proud of yourselves!! I hope to get to that point one day...for now, it's just poo poo and pee pee cleaning for me!! My parents handle the v****** And you Eternity...people v*****!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]WOW!!! I wouldn't be able to do it even if it was just a tiny puddle!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

i'm glad jessie is ok!
    ♥Stephanie

WOOHOO Glad he and you are ok!!

The first time i had to clean up Cat V* i thought i was gonna die LOL but i have to cos if my mum tries to she throws up herself, so i know what i would prefer lol it gets easier i swear!!!

Louise

x
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

WAHEY! im glad Jessie is feeling better

my nans dog is stil ill, poorthing

anyway, gud to hear u and little Jessie are having fun playing with those new toys lol

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

Jenneh, how's your nans dog doing? I hope he's ok. My cats not feeling too good either today I think he ate a mouse that didn't agree with him, the silly thing!Nah I love him really, he'll be fine. He's sleeping on my bed at the moment. [img]smileys/smilies_35.gif[/img]

Neha,

Glad to hear that Jessie is doing ok. I have a dog, too, named Teddy. Believe it or not, I can clean up after her and not be too bothered. I think it is because I know I can't catch whatever she has and because it is usually from something that she got into and ate.

My doggie doctor told me never to give her rawhide bones because they are hard to digest. This happened to her a couple of times. Instead, I get her Nylabones. You can get them at any pet store. They are hard and the dog does not actually eat them. My dog loves them and they last a long time.

Those dogs! They are just like children and they love you no matter what. My dog never wants me out of her sight. They are great!
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by giff1949
    Neha,

Glad to hear that Jessie is doing ok. I have a dog, too, named Teddy. Believe it or not, I can clean up after her and not be too bothered. I think it is because I know I can't catch whatever she has and because it is usually from something that she got into and ate.

My doggie doctor told me never to give her rawhide bones because they are hard to digest. This happened to her a couple of times. Instead, I get her Nylabones. You can get them at any pet store. They are hard and the dog does not actually eat them. My dog loves them and they last a long time.

Those dogs! They are just like children and they love you no matter what. My dog never wants me out of her sight. They are great!

Hey Debbie!!

What type of dog is Teddy? That's a cute name!!

Jessie is a hard core chewer!!! And, he is very notorious for eating everything he can get his little paws on...lol. We do give him Nylabones all the time actually, and he loves them and chews them to death, I just thought it would be a change of pace to have a rawhide bone for Good Friday. But I'm never giving him that again!! Thanks for the advice!!!

And you are so right about dogs!! That's what is so wonderful about them!!!! One of the many things actually!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Jen, I hope your nan's dog feels better and Hippy Clown, I hope your cat feels better too!!! Poor animals!! They can't even complain about how bad they feel! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Thank you all for your support and responses!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Heh, Glad ya dog is better.

A while ago I was paranoid even about ma pets gettin sick, lol cuz I worked in a stables, n there were these ponies who had a tummy bug, n the lady said not to get them out atall, n to wash ya hands if ya even touched their stable, cuz we could catch it too. For a while I thought that might apply to housepets as well! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Neha,

My dog Teddy is actually a female dog. She is a mutt, an All American dog, if you know what I mean. Someone had just dumped her by the side of the road when she was a puppy and we adopted her. That is how I have gotten some of my best dogs. They have been strays.

Eternity - I sure hope we cannot catch things from our housepets. If so, I might have to change my ways!

Debbie
    Debbie

neha, i'm glad jessie is so much better! my cat is an emet's nightmare. she has an upset stomach & she v*s very easily & it used to freak me out now i just ask my mom if she can clean it up.
    ♥Stephanie

wow~

i cant believe u guys can pick up v-. i cant even look at it. i have this dog who v-s all the time. i was sitting at my computer a while ago and he did it and i had to sit here for 2 1/2 hours for someone to get home and clean it up! i think you guys are all better in ur phobia than me. ur animals sound absolutely ADORABLE though. i luv animals. especially cats. does anyone else get anxious when they see even a drawing of a stick figure v-ing???
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

jaksparowemet: depending on my mood i get anxious seeing NETHING even LOOK lke they're gunna v*. even if they're just ywning or coughing, il stil skip a heartbeat or two. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] which is a tad annoying, cos in my common room at school, u turn round in every direction and thers SOMEONE yawning or couging lol, we must b the most exhausted and ill sixth form around lol

Jen xxxxxxxx

MSN: