Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all, I bought one of these dinners and I was reading the cooking instructions, and it said "For food safety, heat up to 160 degrees blah blah blah..." I didn't know these kinds of dinners could be cooked wrong. I though they were all fully cooked and all you had to do is heat them up. I don't eat the ones with meat in them, but I ate one with a creamy sauce, and now I'm afraid that I cooked it too long and made it sour. I was just wondering if anyone else eats these, and what do you think about their safety?

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They arent fully cooked meals they are just frozen down..

although with them putting that on the back of the packs,is just them covering there asses for any kind of future law suits incase someone trys something like that with there company ect..

I eat ready made meals things like macaroni & cheese ect heat them up just stuck my fork/knife in the middle to see if its piping hot all the way through then your fine hun

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frozen dinners are fully cooked. I eat the South Beath frozen dinners
    sometimes, including ones with beef and chicken, and I've never had a
    problem with them.

The cooking insturctions are probably just to be extra cautious.
    Everything is cooked but to kill any bacteria that might have gotten in
    between cooking and packaging they tell you to heat it to a safe
    temperature.

What you said about being afraid you cooked the sauce too long and made
    it sour. That isn't how it works. Extreme heat does not breed bacteria,
    it kills it. It's when you have something at a mildly hot temperature
    such as around 80 or 90 degrees that is when it's at optimum condition
    for bacteria to grow (such as if you leave something sitting out for
    hours and then eat it.)

Over cooking the sauce might make it taste funny, like it was burned
    perhaps, but it wouldn't make it more likely for you to get food
    poisoning. Don't worry about it.

I LOOOOVE Michelina's fettucini alfredo. I always throw it in the microwave for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, then eat it. I've never had a problem, except for a couple bouts of d* (my fault for too much dairy in one night).
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I haven't had one of those dinners in weeks! I go through periods where I feel they are safe and other periods where I cannot touch them. The bad thing right now is that I'm CRAVING mac and cheese, so I bought 2 of them yesterday at the store. I always cook them until they burn
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

i eat those dinners all of the time. nothing to worry about at all. i never had any problems with them.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I eat stoffers mac and cheese all the time, I mean I was eating them everyday for a while. I think it would be difficult to get fp from a frozen meal. I wouldn't even worry about it. In fact I have never even heard of anyone even getting sick from a frozen meal.