Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i heated up some pizza that was left out for at least 12 hours. it hasn't done anything yet & it's been 10 hours since i ate it. i was wondering how long it usually takesfor food poisoning to set in if it would be that?
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

You probably would've gotten sick by now. Did the pizza have any toppings on it??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

it was hamburger.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Well, I personally wouldn't have eaten it ---WAY too paranoid, but I think if it's been this long and you're not sick, then you'll be alright!! I hope you stay well!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Something that has been left out for that long, especially, with hamburger on it really shouldn't be reheated. My husband wouldn't even do that and he's really careless, but since it's been about 10 hours since you ate it, I'm sure you will be fine. I think the average time that fp sets in is 6 hours. I think. Did the pizza still taste good?

Ahh, you'll be ok steph =D as long as you gave it a darn good heating, it would've been allright! I'm still funny about that sort of thing too, I never really know when something's been left out too long or what...but if in doubt, just heat it right up.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Sorry but what in the hell is a hamburger pizza? haha
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

pizza with hamurger as a topping. yumm.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

You're fine. I wouldn't do it again but my ex used to do that, he'd leave it out all night and eatit cold the next day. Plus I used to work in a pizza place, we would have pizza out in a display case (not heated or refrigerated) and the boss would eat a slice at the end of the day and was always fine.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

"

Ahh, you'll be ok steph =D as long as you gave it a darn good heating, it would've been allright!"

No.....

Heating might kill most of the bacteria, but the toxic substance they create, which is what makes you sick, is still there.

12 hours is way way way way way past the time anything should be left
    out. 2 hours at room temperature is the thresholf for food being
    unsafe.

It can take days for the symptoms of food poisoning to develop as well.

what a horrible night to have a curse.

Stephanie, usually if you're going to get Staph food poisoning it will hapen within 2-4 hours. I mention Staph b/c this causes the worst kind of poisoning (lots of v*).

I think you know that in the future you shouldn't do that again, but it sounds like you're in the clear [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Nikki

skon is right, but I would say the time you can leave something out is closer to 4 or 5 hours. They say on a warm sunny day not to leave food out for more than 2 hours though, but I think you can bend the rules elsewhere.

but think about it. we took sandwiches and other foods to lunch everyday when we were kids and didnt eat it untill noon. From 8 am till noon is 4 hours, and I cant EVER remember getting sick off a lunch. I took various things as well, from pizza to soup to real chicken sandwiches.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I agree with the "don't do it again" sentiment, however, it doesn't
    mean yes you will for sure get sick this time. There's a good chance
    you won't, you're just putting yourself at higher risk if you make a
    habit of that.

Just put your leftover pizza in the fridge, it's not really that hard. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]