Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT scars

I was wondering if there was anything i could do to get rid of a few (tiny) acne scars. I used to get pimples bad but don't anymore ( gotta love the pill) but i still have a few teeny scars right above my lip in the corner of my mouth that are probably not noticable to others but make me a bit self concious. my face is totally clear now and i hate having that one spot.

does anyone know? ive had the scar now for about 6 months i would say. its red in color.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I don't know about acne scars, but when I had surgery on my foot, the doctor told me to rub the contents of a vitamin E tablet (the liquid ones) on the scar each day to make it less prominent and noticable. That might work.I'm not sure if there is a different way to treat scars on the face though. Laser surgery? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Anyway, I'm sure you look just fine, but if you're sensitive to themthen you should ask your doctor about possible treatments.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I can't remember the name of the stuff, a friend of mine went to the dermatologist and he gave her soem stuff because her skin on top of acne scars she had soem sort of skin where she scarred easily or something. If you can go to the dermatologist I'm sure s/he can give you something.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I think u would have to see a dermatologist or a lazer clinic to get it removed completely. I think you can get things in your local drug store but the wont be very strong. I have a rubber plaster thing on my arm to get rid of a scar that works so I expect there are some creams to reduce the scarring. But if you want a better result i'd see a professional