Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: oh god

please help. I think my bf has an sv. He just text me to say he is at work, he has d*, it sounds bad and like he couldnt get to the toilet in time. I was with him all day yesterday in very close contact. Im so scared. Im more scared of d* than i am of v*

is anyone there

I know how worrying it is I have been there. But you don't know it will be anything more than d*. for my I dont mind having d* it is the v* that scares me a lot more. Just try not to use the same toilet as him and wash your hands etc. Give him some p.bismol I always find that stops d* almost instantly

im not with him at the moment (long distance relationship). He is at work. He doesnt sound ill, he just phoned. He says he thinks its something he ate, some meaty thing his mum did last nigth, im not convinced though.

my worry is im going to get ill tomorrow at uni, my emet is more of a social phobia. i have swimming all day tomorrow (doing a PE teaching course) so i will be in a swim suit all day. If i got d* then i would die.

Im sure it is something he ate if thats what he thinks he must have an idea that it isn't an sv. You'll be fine having not seen him while he has actually been d*. Just keep well - eating and vitamins etc and get a good nights sleep.

Yeah, it does sound like something he ate. He wouldn't lie to you and he wouldn't be staying at work if it were something serious. Having D* isn't pleasant, but it sounds like he is aware of your concerns with getting sick --- so he would be honest if he believed you had been exposed to something.

How did your day go today?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i am in the same situation - but worse - my DH had d. all morning and then he v!!!!! all over the place. I have a baby that I need to take care of and I've been up all night panicking - now i am afraid my lack of sleep will affect my immune system - I am a mess - we only have one bathroom in my house - I have been in a state of panic for almost 24 hours. i do not know how i am going to get through the next days...

kimb sorry your DH is s*. It is a horrible situation to be in. Keep well and hygenic and hopefully it will pass the SV season is nearly over!

i just spoke to my bf he says he had d* about 4 or 5 times in a over a very short time but wasfine afterwards. he ahs eveneatenat lunchtime. It doesnt sound like an sv to me, what do u think. He hadnt eaten inabout 12 hours beforehand

Sounds as if it was something he ate. I hope he feels better soon. I just cant wait till this sv season is over.

U ok?

Fifi

xxxx[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

It sounds like his body is trying to rid something he ate. If he feels good enough to eat, I very much doubt it's an SV, maybe the worse is over now.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

My husband goes through that a lot. It always freaks me out, but most of the time it wasn't a sv. He gets it a lot because of thinks he eats AND things he drinks. Or some reason, Dr. Pepper seems to give him d*, so does drinking a lot of fruit juice. If he ate, I doubt it was a sv. I'm sure you will be fine.

Thanks im not feeling too good. I am the kind of person who freaks and panics immediately when i hear of someone getting an sv, but then i calm down and dont think of it again. Today is the first time i have experienced true anxiety. It has lasted all day and i still feel crampy. I have ben going to the loo all day (not d* just normal but lots of times) and ive had no appetite altho i did manage to eat some dinner. Is this what anxety is like?

That definitely sounds like anxiety. Try to relax, take deep breaths, and do something to keep your mind off of being sick. Eat mild food, nothing too greasy or spicy so it doesn't aggrevate your system, and get some good rest tonight. I'm really don't think you have anything to worry about.

i had some pizza and a jacket potato for dinner. i didnt feel like i wanted it, i struggled to eat it and now i feel a bit worse. this is the first time in the 3 and a half years we have been together that i have had to deal with this

Nicki,

If you have d*, I find that Immodium AD works on the first dose you take. IT is excellent to cut d*, but if your body has d*, it is usually just doing its job in getting rid of something it doesn't need. It's a way of flushing out what is not needed. It is ok to have some when certain food doesn't settle in your stomach. Just keep sipping on water, gatorade or pedialyte to keep yourself well hydrated. Too much d* can dehydrate you so just keep sipping on liquids. Try to maintain a liquid diet. Eat soups--more of the broth than meat. Eat as much liquid as possible then try saltine crackers and start with light foods like eating the noodles or veggies from the soup. Don't rush into the pizza and all the heavy stuff. Be gently with your body. Let it do its job and it will be over soon. You'll be just fine. Typically if d* lasts longer than about 3 days, maybe you ought to consider seeing a doctor, but he is going to tell you the very same thing--just take Immodium and there goes your money. They don't intervene until it's been like that for like a week or two.

Just eat light, sip on liquids-especially water and rest. You will be just fine. I'd rather have d* than v*-ing. My emet is severe. Best wishes.
    \"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin

I dont actually have d* i have just been going lots and lots, its not even been loose. I just cant seem to stop going. My mum said it sounds like nervous tummy, i just had a small piece of cake and a biscuit, i was ok with that so hopefully she is right.

hi

I get this alot when ihave been panicking i would try not to worry too much because it is almost certainly anxiety and it will pass.

hope you feel better soon

lyndsayanne