Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I think I read in the Vomiting FAQ that smoking lowers your resistance to the Norwalk Virus? Is this really true? Because if it is then I should quit smoking. LoL...imagine that, not quitting smoking cause it's bad for me but quitting because I could be more prone to getting Norwalk...what are the odds of that?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

In general, I've readthat smoking weakens your immune system. I'm a smoker too.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Yikes! I know I should quit smoking, but I just bought 4 packs, (That's how much I smoke in a week) But I've been smoking since 10th grade (Like7 years ago) And I'll I've ever gotten sick with was a cold. I have stomach problems in general anyway but I haven't gotten a SV. But the more I smoke the less my immune system is...GRRR! I hate this indesicion!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I smoke too... but I haven't got sick since i started smoking... except for thsi one time.. cause i drank too much alcohol.. (x_x)* is it really that bad??
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.

Well, maybe I will take up smoking then!!! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smoking doesn't necessarily lower your immune system, but it makes it harder for your body to absorb vitamin c...which all us germophobe know, is a great immune support. So, you need to take more vitamin c in a day, as well as another vitamin to help absorb the vitamin c. I will go down and find my "Nutrition" module from nursing I just started and find out exactly which one it is, and let you know for sure. I'm thinking of a B, but not 100% sure. Let you know.

Crystal

PS...I am a smoker too!
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Well as a non-smoking advocate I must point out here that even if
    smoking doesn't lower your immune system, it does inarguably increase
    your risk of cancer...which means chemotherapy, which means v*ing.

I'm just saying.....[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Very good point....funny thing, my son went to a local hockey game last night, and he brought home a program, and in it, it said "smoking decreases your life by 15 hockey seasons" [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I totally love that. Yes, I am Canadian!! LOL! As soon as my life calms a bit (whole other OT post) I plan to quit, if not for me, but for my son, so he doesn't smoke, and so that he doesn't lose a mother. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I've tried a few times. Hopefully, this time, I can do it.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

hi

Just thought I would say that I am also a smoker and that I have not v* in 15 years so either I just have a very good immune system or I have just been very lucky

lyndsayanne

I wonder if maybe this may be true for some who are not diligent hand-washers because smokers have their hands near their noses and mouths more frequently?
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Norwalk is pretty serious for anyone, even the healthiest individuals. Smoking can lower your immune system but I doubt it would make much of a difference against Norwalk. The infection rates are absolutely crazy high for those exposed to it. I think somewhere close to 90%
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.