Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ZOFRAN

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE IS FAMILIAR W/ THIS MED BUT IT WORKS GREAT!!! IT IS PERSCRIPTION, BUT HAVE FOUND WEBSITES THAT SELL IT. MY DAUGHTER TOOK IT WHEN SHE HAD CANCER AND WAS DOING CHEMO. I HOARD IT LIKE GOLD. WHEN I GET LOW ON IT I MAKE A DOC FRIEND OF MINE WRITE ME A SCRIPT.WORTH CHECKING INTO.

Reblynd -

I've heard of this being prescribed after surgery to control n*. Where can you get it online?

Marby

It is a good anti-emetic. It doesnt make you tired like many others do.

Good luck!

What website can you get Zofran at? I'd love to try it! I have an upcoming surgery, and I'm sure that is what they'll give me in the hospital. You can never have too many antiemetics on hand[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I AM NOT SURE WHAT SITE YOU CAN GET IT FROM. IF YOU GOOGLE SEARCH IT I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND IT. CANCER PATIENTS USE IT TO PREVENT VOMITING DURING CHEMO.

I have a couple of samples that am emet friend gave me. I have been to scared to take them when I am N*. I have just stuck with the phenergan and compazine because I KNOW they work. Although, the Phenergan didn't help the last time I had a SV. I would think that it would help with the N* & V*ing though since it helps with these symptoms from chemo!

tshell

Zofran is a very effective medication when used for it's intended purpose. You have to be realistic about what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to curb nausea or prevent vomiting associated with a stomach virus thenyou'd be just aswell served with phenergan.Also the main thing to remember is that anti-emetics are not very useful in treating anxiety induced nausea. Which is what most emets suffer from the majority of times. Having said that and being experienced with every anti-emetic on the market,I recommendyou stay with the ones that have a calming effect that you won't find with Zofran.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

thestruggle,

what are your opinions on emetrol?
    is it worth anything?

WARNING:

Zofran can make you extremely constipated!

Use the minimum dose.

BandNerd

Quote Originally Posted by thestruggle
    Zofran is a very effective medication when used for it's intended purpose. You have to be realistic about what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to curb nausea or prevent vomiting associated with a stomach virus thenyou'd be just aswell served with phenergan.Also the main thing to remember is that anti-emetics are not very useful in treating anxiety induced nausea. Which is what most emets suffer from the majority of times. Having said that and being experienced with every anti-emetic on the market,I recommendyou stay with the ones that have a calming effect that you won't find with Zofran.

You're absolutely right. The best thing for anxiety induced nausea is relaxation. I know easier said than done. Anti-anxiety meds work the best for that type of nausea. Only used as directed, of course. Like Ativan, Xanax, etc.

I think Compazine is a little stronger than Zofran.Edited by: madisonsmom

You can buy Zofran at www.1meds.com without a prescription.

Just to say guys, wouldn't recommend buying this stuff without prescription....like others have said, it is very effective for the purpose it is intended but for the majority of people here, probably not a good idea. Call me naive but I am totally amazed at the amount of medication you seem to be able to get online without prescription! My dad is a doctor and it's always been drummed into me not to take things that are not prescribed to you personally.

x