Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

One of my good guy friends is always depressed and always constantly saying he is going to kill himself. i am really worried about him..hes gone to the doctor and he gave him anti-depressants called cipralex or somthing...well he said they were working for a bit,hes goin to see the doctor again today..but last night he was reeally depressed agan and saying he was goin to kill himself and that nobody cared, i kept telling him that i do but everything i say he never listens, and quite frankly i am getting quite sick of him always saying hes going to take his life and nobody cares n what not..cause i always say the same things..like get out n do somthing you enjoy, start seeing a phyciatrist..etc..has anyone had expireance with a friend that was suicidal?..i just dont know what else to say or do aymore..cause it really scares me when he says things like that, i have even threatened to call the police..so anyone have any thoughts it would be appriciated..thanxx
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

If you think that your friend is serious about killing himself, I think you should tell the police. He will probably go to a psy hospital for evaluation which wouldn't be a bad thing, maybe they could get a handle on what is upsetting him and causing him to have these feelings. I wish I could tell you more, but, if it were me, I would tell someone. The last thing I would want is for this person to do something to themselves knowing that I could have helped maybe prevent it. I wish your friend luck. They are lucky to have such a concerned friend like you.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I have a past of Very bad depression, I tend to have to be left to deal with it myself or just let someone listen when I need to vent.

There is only so much you can do for someone with depression, so just being there and watching over him is all you can do!

But dont let his depression run your life as you have your own stuff to deal with..

*hugs*

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perhaps you should look into suicide hotlines and ask for advice.. and see if it would be appropriate for him to call one. Thatis what they are there for.

Depression runs in my family.. (so far so good for me) but my sister was diagnoses w/ bipolar... it's quite difficult to cope with at times..

But I think that you should speak w/ a professional.. b/c you shouldn't bear the burden on your own.. especially when there are so many professionals out there.

He may be angry w/ you, but tell him how bad you would feel if he took his life and you thought there was something you could do about it.. (like babygap said)
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Sorry you are being put through that!

It has been my experience that the individuals who are most vocal about suicide are actually the least likely to attempt it. It can be a good ploy to get attention, to manipulate people- or a cry for help. I have come to realize that those who are most likely to attempt suicide dont tell anyone of their plans so they won't be interrupted. They alsousually make peace with their decision before attempting it- give away some of their possessions, apologize for things they have done in the past, etc. They may actually appear calmer and happier right before it happens, as they become comfortable with their decision.

The next time he brings it up ask him if he has a plan. Icompleted suicide intervention training, and what really distinguishes those who are serious about suicide from those who may just be thinking about it is if they have a plan, and how detailed that plan is.

Your friend is in definite need of psychiatric help- and maybe even incapacitation for a period of time. I agree with Tayda when she suggests going to talk to a psychiatrist yourself- maybe he/she can give you suggestions, or get this person the help they need. Also- where are their parents? Siblings? Friends? They should also be part of this process.

Good Luck

*amber*

Thanx so much for our replys, well he seems better today. and yep hes done this so many times before im almost confident he wont do it, but it still scares me..his parent, sibling or family dont care about him, and i think maybe thats why he is like this. I think before his mom even told him to do it and get it over with. wow nice parents eh[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]But yea i think it is for attention actually, cause a while ago he came out and said that he loved me..i dont feel the same way for him so i think that he thinks i dont care about him or somthing..
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.