Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I did some out of town shopping yesterday and on my way home I seen a car pulled over on the side of the road. The person in the passenger side was just kind of sitting there with his feet hanging out. Then I seen him lean over. I'm not sure if he *v* or not, but I can not think of anything else he would have been doing. It sent chills down my spine and made me wonder how many germs I had been in contact with while shopping.

Then on the radio today, the announcer was talking about his 2 year old being up all night with "some sort of intestinal flu" and how much of it had been going around lately. The he says "I hope none of you who are listening are catching this stuff".

So apparently it is raging in my area. I have noticed on the emergency room reports that I receive at work that there are lots of complaints of n/v. Alot of it seems to be in children, though.

I am praying every night that God will grant me another winter with no SV!

Jess

Why is it that us emets always think someone pulled over on the side of the rad is v*? Everytime I see someone on the side of the road I look to see is they are getting sick? It's like I gotta know, but I don't really want to know. I am obessed if knowing if anyone including strangers are sick.

Anyway Jess, that person may not of been sick, so get that out of your mind. And just remember you made it this far, and spring is a comin!

mitch, it is funny that you say that about wanting to know, but not wanting to know, when you see someone pulled off on the side of the road, ect ......

On our way home this afternoon, there was this car, headed in the opposite direction of us, stopped in the middle of the road. I was like, what in the crap is this person doing? By the time I actually got to where they were, they had driven off. I looked, and I swear I saw v* or something that looked like it on the ground, part of me wanted to turn around and try and see for sure. How twisted is that, lol?!?!!? The thought also crossed my mind, "wonder if we can catch it if it is contagious, just by driving by it?

I forgot to mention that the reason this caught my eye was because she had her door open. If she had just been stopped there, I wouldnt have thought too much about it expect that she was silly for stopping in the middle of the road like that! LOL!

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Isnt it ridiculous the things we do!!

If I see v* on the pavementI have to look at it, even though I know the picture will stay with my for days, I also remember where it is.

I have several different ways in which I can walk to work so if I see v* one way, I will walk another way the next day.I also get obsessed by cars that stop on the side of the road, but just cant stop myself from looking. Its so silly cos then I wish I hadnt looked but I need to know the reason why the car has stopped etc.......

Oh we arefunny (I just have to tell myself this!!!)

Laney

If you think about it, there are many reasons why people pull over to the side of the road that don't involve vomit-
    <UL>
    <LI>the driver is talking on a cell phone (which is illegal to do while driving in some states, and I personally feel that for someone to do so while driving is irresponsible- unless they have a headset)</LI>
    <LI>they are lost and checking where they are on a map</LI>
    <LI>dropped/looking for something</LI>
    <LI>spilled something</LI>[/list]

And Jess- maybe he spilled something, or is dumping something out. While driving with my boyfriend he spilled an extra large coffee- which meant that we pulled over, and had to clean the best we could. This necessitated opening the doors, dumping out the rest of the coffee, throwing out paper towels, etc.

I think that many times we see what we want to see- we convince ourselves that every suspicious puddle, pulled-over car, and tired- looking person must involve vomit or illness. Hell, there are many things that I swear were vomit, but turned out to be something else- spiled coffee (in winter it freezes), soup, etc- in fact I went to see a friend and there was a big pile of something in her entranceway. It grossed me out and I asked her about it and she was like "Oh yeah, that. I dropped my takeout. Stupid slippery stairs".

That;s not saying that people don't vomit in public, or that a pulled-over car could involve sickness.....but probably less often than we think.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never used to think about cars that were pulled over until this one day I was getting a ride home from school (High school) And there was a car pulled over and the door was open and a lady was V*ing at the side of the road and I saw it. Blech! Now whenever I see a pulled over car that's what I think about. But Crimgoddess is right, there are many reasons why a car would pull over, and there are also a lot of things that look like V* that isn't actually V*. LoL, it's amazing how our brains work!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Last Saturday I was driving my son home from actors' academy. I was on the beltwayanda car about a half a mile in front of me quickly pulled over to the breakdown lane from the third lane. I figured "Great, I am going to see the guy v." Nope, he hoped out of his car and then trampled all over the hood of his car like a caveman. Don't ask. Who cares. As long as he did not v*.

Stella

This driver didnt pull over, she was in the lane on her side of the road.

I think its raging everywhere. It made our news tonight. Along with other things going around. UGH!