Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I got home from work tonight and my son immediately tells me he had a sore throat and had earlier felt like he was going to v* but ate some cheese and felt better. I thought this was wierd because all day I was stuffy and congested and felt kinda of queasy and felt better after I ate. Then my daughter comes and tell me that she has a sore throat too and stomach ache. I look at my husband and ask him what is going on and he goes on to tell me he v* once yesterday and had d* a few times and then started with a cold symptoms with the chills and shakes and everything. I knew he didn't feel well yesterday but he wouldn't give me any details. He says he knows how I am and didn't want to worry me. Great I would have rather known even if it causes a high state of anxiety!

My husband gets a stomach bug at least once a year around this time and knock on wood the kids have never gotten ill from him. I'm nervous because it's almost a year to the day that my kids started a stomach bug with v* and d* that lasted over a week. Every other day someone was sick. I even got it and only v* once breaking my non-v* streak of 20 years. My kids got sick from my mother and brother last year.

They are running around playing saying they are fine now. I'm wicked nervous someone will wake up later on tonight sick. My son is on vacation from school this week, so we are having a camp out in the living room which is the closest tothe bathroom and the door outside.

My kids have a history of getting sick the around the same time every year. They have been very healthy this year. I don't know what to think or do. I'm just waiting and asking constantly how they are. I just wish I was normal about this and as nonchalant as my husband who says it's just a part of life and don't worry about it. If only it were that easy.

Thanks for listening.

Sore throat with nausea can be a sign of strep throat. Maybe that could
    be it? But they would have to go to the doctor for sure. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lgood22573
    Sore throat with nausea can be a sign of strep throat. Maybe that could
    be it? But they would have to go to the doctor for sure. Good luck

I totally agree!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is just what I was going to say! My kids v* from two things--strep and sv. Check their throats for white patches and if they DO have strep, don't panic--it's not really a "v*" sickness, emets who get strep usually don't v*. Plus if everyone in your house has it your dr. might put you on antibiotics anyway and you won't get it.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Zane-

Drainage from a cold type thing can cause your stomach to feel off too. Since eating made it better, it sounds more likely something like that than a sv.

My husband is the same way - no big deal to him if/when it happens. I wish I could be that way too. What a relief that would be!

Marby

Yes, my husband is just like that. He is ok w/ nausea or v*. He doesn't v* but maybe once in two years or so but I panic if he says he has a migraine and feels queasy. I know most people with migraines v*. I am the one to run and get him the Migraine Exedrin, water, a cold pack, aromatherapy, and put him to sleep it off. He's is so ok with whatever happens. que sera, sera. I too wish I had the same attitude. It would save me every panic attack.

Last time I heaved twice, I nearly fainted from I think the stress, energy it took to heave and more so the scare. Then as I felt the feeling rise, I panicked so much, I paced holding the trash bin near me, trembling and yelling at my husband to get rid of any food near my sight. I was near the kitchen so I felt like running and lived in a tiny apt. at the time. It was horrible. Now I have a new home, twice the size of the apt. and don't feel so confined.

I still wish I was more brave. I am such a chicken. Does anyone eles react the same way or is it an individual thing?

Pumpkin
    \"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin

Well, no one did the deed last night, thank god!!! She complained about her stomach hurting and was belching a lot until like 2:00 then fell asleep. No one has a fever and they are not complaining about their throats or bellies anymore. I'm just exhausted I stayed awake until like three just waiting for her to wake back up sick.

Hopefully, I can sleep tonight. Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin3800

Yes, my husband is just like that. He is ok w/ nausea or v*. He doesn't v* but maybe once in two years or so but I panic if he says he has a migraine and feels queasy. I know most people with migraines v*. I am the one to run and get him the Migraine Exedrin, water, a cold pack, aromatherapy, and put him to sleep it off. He's is so ok with whatever happens. que sera, sera. I too wish I had the same attitude. It would save me every panic attack.

Last time I heaved twice, I nearly fainted from I think the stress, energy it took to heave and more so the scare. Then as I felt the feeling rise, I panicked so much, I paced holding the trash bin near me, trembling and yelling at my husband to get rid of any food near my sight. I was near the kitchen so I felt like running and lived in a tiny apt. at the time. It was horrible. Now I have a new home, twice the size of the apt. and don't feel so confined.

I still wish I was more brave. I am such a chicken. Does anyone eles react the same way or is it an individual thing?

Pumpkin
    <DIV>
    </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Hey Pumpkin,</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Everyone reacts differently to v*ing, so it is hard to say. I have done it two times since 1982, and the last time being 1993. It woke me up out of a sleep, I knew something wasn't right, and well, my bed and the sheets found out the hard way! Anyway, I felt great afterwards, but in all my years alive (31) I have never v* more than one time with a sv.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I am not brave, and I have the wife who thinks it is no big deal, her biggest concern is I am going to get sick in bed next to her, because I don't know it is coming, while she says she is not scared to catch it, and what ever happens will happen, she wishes not to wake up with someone v*ing next to her! I guess I can see her point. Now, with me, even if she made it to the bathroom, I would be freaked out that we were in bed together b4 it happened and that I was DEFINITELY going to catch it...so, we all have versions of the fear, as well as different conditions when it happens......</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I think I answered your question, sorry for rambling....</DIV>