Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Its 4.31 am and Ive been awake since 1.00am. I feel that im going to choke all the time, and also another symptom is that I feel on the verge of v**g all the time too as my stomach lurches up inside with this awful constant feeling ofnausea.I havnt lived a normal life for about 6 months as Im in bed all the time with this fear. My life has gone and it shocks my terribly when I look back to how my life once was. I cry all the time and im always knotted up, I dont answer the door to anyone and I want to die. Ive never had my phobia as bad as I have it now. Iv had a talk with the doctor and he has prescribed me some citalopram tabs but will not take them as the main side affect is vomiting as is with most anti depressants! It seems like there is no hope for me because every time I tried to get better, ie, hypnotherapy, tft, cognitive therapy it never worked and I seem to be getting worse and worse each day. Its absolute torture and I dont want to live. Has anyone else been in my position?

hey, I have suffered from severe depression for about 5 years I have agraphobia and also I am completly againsed taking tablets unless I really need to.

Now i know that everyone is different with side affects to anti-depressants but myself I took that for 3 years and never ever v* from taking it.

I know where you are at the moment and I see myself going down that road again.

Servere depression takes over your life and everything in it and affects everyone around you which makes you feel worse for shutting them out but its something you cant help especially being an emet!

Im heading off to bed now but il drop you an email later today to see how you are an pass on my msn, be thinking of you hun

Take Care

xVx *hugs*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have been down that road before. I have suffered from severe depression on and off over the past 10 years. Anti-depressants can really help when you get that bad. For me Paxil brought me out of a very deep lonely hole of depression and made my emet 100% better. When we get depressed, the emet tends to get really bad on top of it. I NEVER v* from paxil cr and took it for about 1 year. If anything it made my stomach a LOT better. My IBS was non-existant while I was on it. I know that you have heard this before, but getting out fora walk and trying to eat a very healthy diet will help considerably. I know that when we get that depressed, we don't have the energy to do anything, but you have to force yourself to do something. I am not a doctor, but really consider giving the anti-depressants a try...remember, it will take about 2-6 weeks for them to take effect, so be patient....I have honestly never heard of someone v* from taking them, and I know a lot of people that have been on them.