Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went to the drugstore at lunch to pick up some cough drops and when I got out of my car, I noticed a kid in the car next to me with his seat laying back and he was holding a v* bucket! I just freaked! I wasn't sure whether to get in and out of the drugstore fast so I could just get the heck out of there or wait until I saw someone who could possibly be his parent check out and leave first. My only thought was what if he opens the car door and v* right next to the driver's side door of my car! I got my cough drops and practically ran out of the store. He was still laying back in the seat holding the v* bucket and looking up at me. Poor kid. I'm sure he felt terrible - but all I could think of was getting the hell out of there.

We've already been through the sv at my house this year and I was doing much better the last few weeks. Now it's just been stamped in my mind that it's still all around and lurking and could hit us all again! UGH! Sorry for all the ranting - thanks for letting me vent.

Marby

Awww....it sucks when you see something like that and it freaks you out. But look at the bright side- the parent didnt bring them into the store, if they stopped at the drugstore,he/sheis likely picking up something for the poor kid, he stayed in the car the whole time- although he could have opened the door and vomitted he didn't. He could have been feeling nasty for a variety of reasons, not all of which being contagious.

Seeing someone who is sick does not mean that you'll get sick! Just keep doing what you're doing and hope for the best!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Amber -

You're right... an emets natural assumption to think it was a sv! lol

Some days this phobia just really gets to me. Looking forward to spring this year!

He could have just had surgery, teeth extraction, an injury, food allergy, who knows.

Stella