Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Freaky Dream

I had the weirdest dream yesterday and I'm still a bit freaked about it. So Iam typing it up here to see if anyone feels like doing the whole Freud thing and analysising it, or if they have any strange dreams to recount.

Ok so last night I had a big chunk of coursework to finish and I didn't want to go to bed without it finished cos I knew it would bug me. Anyway I ended up going to bed at 2.30 ish (Which is actually fairly early for me at the moment, I have sleep issues) Anyway I was tired and got to sleep fairly quickly but slipped straight into this dream.

I was at a place that looked a lot like my school but somehow I knew it wasn't but "they" wanted me to think it was. I was really aware that I was being watched and that I couldn't afford toact in asuspicious way so I had to go in to the locker room and sit there really still because if I moved too much something bad would happen. Then suddenly all these girls from my class walked in and they were all zombie-like and one girl actually started decomposing and crumbling in front of me, it was twisted. So I fired all these lasers at them from my watch (as you do) and they all kind of snapped out of it and walked away except for the crumbled person who started to reform and look human again, the weird thing is she was one of the girls I really disliked from primary school but as my age and she gave me a really evil look and started screaming at me for not keeping in touch with anyone from that school, which is weird anyway because I see loads of people from my old school, anyway, she carried on screaming in this really creepy voice and then she stopped mid sentance and pointed straight at mesaying (I remember word for word) You are an evil, selfish person, you make people miserable and thats why you have this phobia. It's your punishment for inflicting yourwicked wayson so many people" I remember thinking in the dream that wicked ways was alliteration but not really thinking much about what she was actually saying because I needed to get out of the school. So I got ready to fire my laser again and the hand that she was still pointing at me suddenly moved down to point at my stomach and she said "Theres a baby in there that nobody knows about and it's going to have this fear because of you. It will kill itself on its 15th birthday because of the misery you've caused it" I was completely shocked and dropped the laser and she laughed and ran off. After that I woke up andI was so creeped out. What was that about???

you are obviouisly stressed and are probably trying to work out a problem in your sleep. I didn't read the whole thing ( Im gaming, lol) but it does sound scarey. Maybe your schoolwork is causing you stress ( i know mine does!) I wouldn't try to analzye it too much because dreams consist of so many random things that sometimes don't mean anything at all.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Dreams can mean A LOT of things, and I'm usually good at analyzing dreams but that's for my friends. I mean it's easier to analyze a dream if you know the person better. But I took some key words from your story and looked them up in my dream dictionary, here's some stuff it might mean:

School: A school may signify you are learning something in the higher realms, bringing knowledge back to your daily life from the collective consciousness. It may signal you to pay attention to new information or points of view.

Clock/Watch: Clocks can symbolize the idea of being on time and can denote an anxiety about falling behind. A clock may also symbolize that time is ticking away, and procrastination about achieving goals needs to be overcome.

Death/Dead people: Dreams about the dead or death are not necessarily omens of literal death but often symbolize letting go of an old part of the self or the destruction of a prior stage of life leading to personal growth and transformation. Talking to people who have died may bring resolution of incomplete communication or may symbolize the traits represented by the person in life.

Pregnancy: Can symbolize that new creativity, wealth, or a new life episode that's about to begin. You may not recognize it yet but you're recieving a sign that something new is imminent.

Other then that I would say that part of you feels guilty for having this phobia in the first place and you are scared of passing it on to your kids. That's sort of the most obvious thing about the dream. Hope I helped!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!