Elementary school, and to some extent highschool move at a fairly slow place to allow for the different speeds of learning. You can miss a few days without falling terribly behind- University is a whole otherballgame. Missing 1 three hour class can mean that you miss an entire unit, which can have ramifications for how well you do on exams or assignments, as some of the more anecdotal stuff that gets discussed during class time also ends up being represented. I'm an A student because I work hard at it- go to every class, take my notes a specific way, etc- and I also absorb information better through listening, so if I am in class I will remember more than just doing the readings.

Am I inconsiderate? Meh, I've been called worse. In the case of my education I'm going to put myself first- and if that means going into class sick on occasion so be it. I usually sat with the same group of people, and would tell them I wasn't feeling well. They always had the option to move. My dad also put off retirement to help me out financially, so I feel that I also owe it to him to do my best- which means dragging myself in there on days where I really don't feel up to it.

But I digress....panzic, hope you dont end up ill- but if you do remember, it's only temporary! It can't put you out of comission for long.

*amber*