Japa,

You are right. She didn't insult anyone directly. However I think it is more the "tone" of some threads. They tend to come across in a condescending manner, which actually can be insulting in a way.

Think about it... Panz.. was having a bad day and wanted to come on here and vent about being subjected to germs and instead of having validation and understanding she gets excuses for why this person should feel free to spread their ickies. I am certain that didn't help her feel any better. It's not just the message that some people have no choice and have to go out when they are sick. It's the delivery of that message that I think made others defensive.

Not to mention, looking back I realized that Crim made the post about herself before anyone else did. No one called her inconsiderate until she herself did and said she could care less. And Crim did reference to herself as being a me first person before anyone else did.

Anyway.. I hate when this happens on here. I have always said that I love that everyone on here has such diverse opinions and are at such different levels in their treatment and "illness" (if you could call it that I think we should all try to do our best to help one another here. Again.. Amber, if you are trying to help people see another side, that's awesome. We need more from that side of the spectrum here. But, maybe looking back and reading some of your threads would bring you some insight to why so many people were so ready to behave defensively here.

Either way... I guess we've concluded that most people would prefer that people avoid public places when they are sick (outside of the common cold and whatnot). But, some people cannot help themselves and have to go out. People are going to have differences in opinion about subjects such as this one and that what makes us all unique and different.

Man, I remember back around the presidential election. Some words were really flying then. But to tell ya the truth, I don't remember at all who offended me or my beliefs. I do remember being called a "tree-hugger" and wondering to myself "What's so bad about that?" But, that's about jist of it. Hopefully we will all just move on from this little disturbance as well