Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm feeling surprisingly upbeat today. I'm just in a really great
    mood, no worries - this is the first time in as long as I can remember
    that my emet hasn't bothered me all day! And that shocks me
    because my neighbor didn't go to school today, so I called her to see
    if she and her son wanted to take a walk with the girls and I. She
    said she was up all night, she thinks she thinks she had fp but it could
    be a virus. And it didn't make me feel worried! I took the girls for a
    walk, it's going to be about 60 degrees today, and we'll probably take
    another walk this afternoon. The daffodils are coming up, the
    dogwoods are budding - spring is on it's way!! I feel almost giddy
    that the warm weather is right around the corner.

There are so many things for us to be positive about, things to be
    happy about. So use this thread as a place to talk about the GOOD
    things you're thinking about. Maybe we can all help someone that's
    having a bad day think some good thoughs to help them through.
    [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

You are very lucky that signs of spring are blossoming, where I am, its just cold, and getting colder by the weekend. I'm getting excited though, this dreaded month is almost over...
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

YES I LOVE THIS POST!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

it is absolutely GORGEOUS outside today! not 60's by any means, but 40's(warm for this time of year!)..and sunny and blue skies. it is spectacular.

this morning i left for school at 7am, and there was an orangy blue glow in the sky..and the half moon was beautiful. it was calm, quiet..and i heard BIRDS CHIRPING! there is nothing quite as joyful as going all winter with "blahs" and no birds..and waking up to little birds singing morning songs.

february is finally over in 5 days!

i cant wait until the color starts showing and leaves start returning!
    TULIPSSSSS!!!!

Edited by: liz28

i heard birds chirping this morning, too, and it made me soo happy! lol when i first heard them go, I thought it was someone whistling. i guess i've really forgotten what spring is like... but anyway, its almost here!!!!

That was a great post Peachykeen! You're right... it's a beautiful day, spring is coming and we all have ALOT more to be thankful for and feel good about than we do bad. I was actually just thinking that the posting here has slowed down a bit in recent days.... maybe it's all connected?

Isn't it funny how a little sun and warmer temps can make all the difference in the world?

It is a great day!! Sunny, warmer and I even went to the park with my son...lots of kids were out playing and it is so NICE.

This is a great post and so upbeat for a change. Let's all just remember that spring is upon us and we can get exicted knowing that in a few weeks the sun will be warmer, out longer and windows can be open!

Thanks for the great topic....it makes me feel good just reading good stuff
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I'm all about looking for positives- but warm weather is not a positive to me! lol- I am dreading spring coming.....spring to me means that the city smells like dog excrement and I can't wear my good heels because they end up being covered in mud. I must be one of those rare people who wants winter to go on for another two months-two more months of skiing, skating, tobogganing, hot chocolate....

To me the only positive to spring coming is that inevitably it leads to summer and fall....and then winter again- yay!

(I tend to hybernate from spring to fall....)

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love spring but its not on its way here yet - we had drizzlings of snow today in the South - UK. But a great post - I love that psring feeling!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Keep smiling!

I loved this topic so much and it went off the boards so fast. I know it is still cold in a lot of places and by no means so I want to jinx us here in Tennessee since it is still possible for us to have more snow, but we have had 2 beautiful days and it does make you feel like there is light at the end of this cold season. I also know that some of you love winter, well, it will be here in 9 months... for me and most of us, the sun, flowers blooming, windows open and fresh air are the best and I don't dwell on the muddy days but knowing that I can go outside and not freeze makes me smile all over.

Well said Gubba! I'm loving the weather too! Today the girls and I
    were outside for about 4 hours total, taking a long walk and just sitting
    outside in the sun. Every day when we walk I can see the flowers
    poking up just a little more. If it stays nice tomorrow I'm starting yard
    work and prepping my flower beds - my monkey grass still needs to be
    cut back. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I've never lived where there was a real winter unless you count my time in Michigan, but I left there when I was two years old.

I grew up in Florida. So I adore warm weather. I now live in Houston, and it has some differences from Tampa, FL, but it is still a place with no winter.

My inlaws live in Houston and it is nice there, but a few years ago we were there for Christmas and it snowed!!! We will be getting cold weather again tomorrow, but it should clear up later this week.