Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<DIV>Hello All:</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Well, I am not sure if it is anxiety or a relapse of the sv*. I have been a little stressed out lately, and anxiety usually runs high. I had the sv* Monday afternoon (night) until say Tuesday night. Felt good all day Wednesday and progressed my meals gingerly. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Cannot be sure if I was hungry for Breakfast today or not, but, from my experience I usually feel better after eating in the morning so I did. Here is where it gets tricky. I do not want to say I am sick again, and I had a normal BM (sorry to explain that) and was going about my day. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Now, it was time for lunch and a co-worker and I had made plans to go out (these things do not bother me). I just did not really feel hungry and I really let it bug me. I ate slower than normal and now I feel, well, I am not sure. I think I have gas, but I am worried that I have a second onset and man will I be pissed. Knowing my anxiety it is probably just that, at least this is what I am hoping. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>So, I thought I would stop by here again, after feeling so great last night I am really upset about how I feel right now. Perhaps to much food today for my 2nd full day of feeling better, and it is what it is. I will try to relax and see where we go. My biggest fear is I am at work, and well, I do not want get sick here. Physically, overall I feel fine, just hoping I am not getting this thing again, and even bigger fear is I will get it worse!</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>The only thing I did was move the comforter I slept on the other night into the washer.....and washed my hands! So, that is all I know....oh well, I will update more later. Not really sure what to do, but boy, am I anxious! This really stinks.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Thanks for listening</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    CJ
    \"Live Life, Don\'t Analyze It\"
    (Wish I Could Follow That)

Itcan take a few days to get back to eating and digesting things properly. The gassy part of getting over a virus has to be the worst! Do keep us posted.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Howdy,

So far so good....but I think you are right! I think I have major gas. I cannot believe I talk about this stuff on-line, but, my wife thinks I am very silly for my fear.

Anyway, nothing yet, any direction.......

&lt;-- Keeps Hopes Up

CJ

Hey CJ,

I think it does take awhile for your system get back to normal. Dont stress, just take it slowly.

Yeah, I think it is really difficult for anyone who is not an emet to understand what you are going through. I know I have spent lots of time trying to explain it.

Take Care and feel better!
    --Kim

I know how you feel- I'm recovering from an sv* which I got right at the same time you did and I am going through the same thing! I just started to eat solid food and now my stomach feels gassy and kind of irritated. Oh well, I'm sure it will end soon and will be ok for both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by csjones
    I know how you feel- I'm recovering from an sv* which I got right at the same time you did and I am going through the same thing! I just started to eat solid food and now my stomach feels gassy and kind of irritated. Oh well, I'm sure it will end soon and will be ok for both of us!
    Hey csjones,

Thanks for the replay. I tell you, I was like OH MAN, not again! Really thought I beat it, and today at work, the afternoon was rough. I think it is defintely the issue of g*s. My mom who knows of my fear basically said I probably irritated my system with to much food today.

I will have to remember this as I have to go out to dinner for my sisters 17th birthday tomorrow night! Che**cake Fa**y....yummy yummy, ugh!

Talk to you all later, going to try and stretch out and relax myself.

Feel better csjnones ---- thanks for the reply kim.
    CJ

Hey, ditto here, I had this thing on Valentine's Day and had normal poo on Thursday already, but then had a small bout of d* on Friday and again on Monday! It just takes a while for your body to get back in the swing. Finally Monday I just limited myself to toast and yogurt and now I am back to normal--8 days later!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

<DIV>Eight days! Good Lord! </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Whose got that kind of time! </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Oh well, I am feeling better, trying to just relax...something I do not normally take time to do! </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>As long as i am better, I have a babies room to work on as the new furniture for my 4 yr old is coming on Sunday! </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Never a dull moment. </DIV>
    CJ

Just remember, an intestinal virus actually swells the gut and the intestines. They really get irritated. Look at it this way. You get a deep cut on your hand. If you put ointmentand a bandage on it , it probably heals nicely with a scab in a few days. If you don't and you continue to expose it to chemicals, household cleaners, etc. it will probably become irritated, maybe open up again and the healing process will take longer.

After a sv, bland food is the best bet for several days. That allows your gut to "calm down." After about seven toten days, you should be good to start eating regularly.

Stella

A postscript to my last post.

A few years ago, my childrens' pediatrician was telling me that so many sv's relapse not because of the illness actually relapsing, but because parents give children things like pizza, mac n' cheese, hamburgers, fries or chicken nuggets a day or two after the child recovers from the sv. The child v* again and the parents think they are still sick when actually the child's stomach could not tolerate the assault on it.

Stella

<DIV>Good Afternoon Everyone,</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Sorry I did not post sooner! Things are going well today. I woke up and felt pretty good. Finally had a normal BM. Had a bowl of cereal, and was starving for lunch, but ate lightly. Hopefully I can follow that path tonight while we are out to eat. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Last night while I was having so much pain I was really freaked out, it hurt bad, and nothing was happening. I finally started drinking water and it seemed to cure everything, and by that I mean, seemed to relieve most of my pain. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Anyway, thanks for all the support and advice! </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Talk to you all soon.....</DIV>
    CJ