Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone, just some support because I've taken about all I can handle in the past week. So here goes my story for those that are interested.........

I am 7 months pregnant with ababy boy and due on 7 months, haven't been sleeping too well to begin with. Well, my worst nightmare came true last week and I was in a terrible car accident - hit by a full size pick up head on - on my way home from work on 2/15. They took me to the hospital in the ambulance and I was in the ER for 3 hours checking out my injured chest, knee, toes, and foot. At the time they focused on my knee since it was instantly swollen and bruised, but without talking to my OBGYNabout having an Xray while pregant I told the ER doc no. I was then sent to the labor/delivery to be put on a fetal monitor for 4 hours to make sure that the baby was ok. THANK GOD THE BABY IS FINE SO FAR!!!!

Besides the bumps and bruises and sore muscles I was doing fine for the next few days - but I can only take Tylenol for the pain because of being pregnant. By Sunday the bottom of my foot hurt soooo bad I could barely walk on it. I took off of work for4 days and was going to return on Monday, but then I caught this horrible cold or sinus infection with stuffiness, headache, fever, sorethroat, etc. SO NOW I'M 7 MONTHS PREGNANT, BANGED UP FROM CAR ACCIDENT, AND ALSO SICK WITH A BAD COLD OR SOMETHING.

I went back to work today which was horrible, but I had no more sick/vacation time to use. I can barely walk on my foot but can't get to the doc because I have to go to work. I am so anxious, stressed out, tired, and scared. I feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack/nervous break down and just wish I could take a Xanax or something to help. I feel like I could just crawl out of my skin and I'm just so uncomfortable - my whole body.

Today I have been burping a lot and my stomach is very off and I feel n*. All I need right now is to catch an sv* - that would just top things off and I'm so scared that it's going to happen since my immune system has already taken a beating.

I just need someone to talk to - some support or encouragement to get me through this horrible time I'm having right now. Thanks for listening! Could anything else go wrong for me right now?

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! No wonder you feel lousy - you've
    been through a week of hell! Accident and illness aside, the last two
    months of pregnancy are HARD on you, both physically and mentally.
    Add being banged up, and having the crud that's going around, no
    wonder you're stressed!

Have you tried meditation or yoga? Or even just go and sit in your
    bedroom, put on some relaxing music, and just close your eyes and
    take deep breaths, think happy thoughs. Or take a nice warm bath -
    the weightless feeling will be wonderful for your worn out body, and
    the heat and steam might help your sinuses feel better.

Just rest as much as you can, and take it easy after work. You WILL
    get through this and have a beautiful little boy to show for it. I've got
    two girls and can't wait to have a boy (if I'm that lucky!). Have you
    thought of names yet?

Oh man, when it rains it pours huh? Thank God you and the baby were not seriously injured. At least you have that. It's a shame you can't take more time off from work to recover, I think that was a pretty traumatic incident for you and you probably need more time. Do you have any options for working at home or anything? Yikes.

Well, on the whole stomach issue, do you have ginger or something like that you could take? Your stomach is probably just upset because of what you have been through. If worst comes to worst, would you be willing to take a Xanax? I know there are a lot of people who continue to take benzos during their pregnancies. Sometimes the depression or anxiety or other disorders is much worse for the baby than an occassional Xanax, but I know that is a pretty hot topic. Your doctor should be able to give you something safe to help relax you, can you call their office and ask?

Try to rest as much as you can...feel better soon.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Right now I can't relax at all because I'm so N* and feel so horrible and I'm scared I'm going to v* or have d* at some point so I'm pacing around like a crazy woman on a sore foot and with an achy body. I really feel like I'm going to go crazy. I haven't slept for more than 2 hours at a time for the past week - nights are horrible waking up almost every hour and I'm just so exhausted both physically and mentally. My OBGYN suggested I get Unisome (a sleep aid) to help me.....tried it 2 nights now and it's not working. If it came down to it, I would take Xanax but I'm not sure that my doc will approve it and I don't want to hurt the baby at all. I took some Pepto as soon as I got home from work and hopefully it should kick in soon. I just want to calm down somehow and deep breathing is actually making me dizzier than I already am. UGH! Thanks guys for your kind words.

Peachykeen, we think we are going to name hime Blake Allen or Drew Michael. Thanks for asking.

I'm still really panicing since I feel so N*. My stomach doesn't hurt much, but once and a while it does. But I have that watery taste in my mouth and the cold sweats and I just am so scared that now onn top of everything I have an sv* and I'm going to v* or have d*. I can't handle either of them right now and I just want to stop feeling like this! I am pacing around and I can't calm down.

Is there anything that you can do, even in your compromised state, to keep your mind off of it? Is there a movie or tv show you can watch that calms you down or you enjoy? Is your partner around? Can he rub your back and help you get to sleep? That is probably contributing to it- I know several people who get really nauseous when they are sleep deprived. I wouldn't take a Xanax if I were you because it can be a shock to the baby's system, as you have not been taking them during your pregnancy and they are out of your system. But I'm no doctor- I would consult one first.

Ditto with what mjewell said about ginger- I use it occasionally for motionsickness, and it really does help settle the stomach.

Wow....it completely sucks that this happened to you and at this time. At least your baby is okay- that would have been horrid. And the names Drew and Blake are awesome!

Hope you feel better,

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was really hoping to hear from more of you

My stomach is now starting to hurt. My husband went to bed because he is now not feeling well either, said he has an earache, headache, and feels like he's getting whatever I have. He also said that his stomach has been bothering him since yesterday - sharp pains but hasn't v*ed or had d* and doesn't feel n*. My stomach is hurting off and on and I'm just soscared that this is IT.

I'm watching American Idol and reading a book and trying to calm down but I just can't seem to feel better and get my mind off of this. ( Sorry for venting, I just don't know what to do.

Thanks Amber! My husband has sadly been no help or support during all of this which is making me depressed too. I thought he would be there for me but shows no sympathy orcompassion at all and it's very upsetting. If he was more supportive I think I'd be in a much state right now. And since he now isn't feeling well he went to bed, so I'm left awake and alone. I'm fighting off waves of n* and just trying my best to calm down.

Thanks again for your support. Glad to hear you like my names that I've picked so far.

Have you tried a warm bath? I went to a homeopath recently because I have developped a sleep disorder (wake up every morning at 2am, and cant go back to sleep). She suggested a warm bath with substances frangranced with sandlewood, rose, etc- soothing scents that are supposed to calm the mind. If you are still not better tomorrow, I would maybe go into a pharmacy and see if they have someone who specializes in homeopathic remedies. They may be able to suggest some things to help you sleep and to help with the nausea that are natural, and won't hurt the baby in any way. Maybe call a few tomorrow and see if one nearby has someone you can walk in and see? I'm not saying it will necessarily be effective, but I figure trying won't hurt.

I'm sorry that your husband isn't more supportive- I can see how he may not be in the greatest mood if he is feeling ill himself (my boyfriend turns into a 200lb baby when he is sick)- but you're pregnant. Automatically that warrants more concern and focus. I'd hate to say that one person is above another in a partnership- but when one of those people is currently 2 months away from giving birth, then damn straight they should be the focus.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wish I could have been here earlier to help calm you. I know those last few months/weeks are awful and I actually felt N* at that time from being so tired and run down feeling. Also, you're dealing with sinus drainage and stress and that is all this probably is. I know you think that you might V*, but I can't say for 100% certainty that you won't, but I would bet that if you could relax a little and ease up on being so tense, it would be better. The wreck was enough to make you feel terrible, but add the rest of it and you have a whammy of a time.

I wish there was a magic word to make you feel better, but calming and relaxing thoughts are what you need now.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I'm sorry to hear your having such a bad time. I'm glad you and the baby are fine. It really sounds like your body is just reacting to all the stress your under. I know it's easier said then done when someone tells you to relax. I kept a journal when I was pregnant with my first. It made it easier to see it down on paper all my thoughts and anxiety. Letting it out on paper seemed to rid me of the stressful thoughts.

As far as your job, could you possibly get FMLA for being pregnant? Lots of people at my work who have been pregnant have gotten. I know you don't get paid for it, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about your job on top of everything else your going through.

Some suggestions for heading off the n*. I suck on ice cubes or chew gum. Try a bubble bath to relax.

Your stronger then you think, just look at all you've gone through. If you can make it through the ordeal just had, you can make it through anything.

I am so sorry to hear you have had such a rough time. Geez thats enough to traumatize anyone for awhile. *hugs*

About the nausea, is it maybe from your stage of pregnancy? I don't know a lot about pregnancy, I know there is morning sickness, but I think you'd be past that. I know though that when I am really tired I can get pretty nauseas feeling.

Could you maybe talk to your boss and tell him/her you are still having a real hard time and another few days off would really help? I am sorry also that your husband isn't more sympathetic, sheesh I mean I know he doesn't feel good himself, but he also wasn't in a car wreck and he isn't 7 months pregnant on top of that. He should be more understanding.

The best thing I can think of is take the pain meds that you can, and just find the most relaxing thing you can think to do, anything to take your mind off of the way your feeling. Just think in 2 months it will be worth all this, you'll have a baby in your arms. What helps me when I feel cruddy is just taking a blanket and pillow and maybe a teddy or something to the couch and watching something I like on TV, and if I feel real n* then I'll have a can nearby just in case, and a glass of soda or something and just do my best to tell myself its gonna be okay. It will be okay, even if you are sick, its okay, it will pass and you'll make it through. Just snuggle on the couch and watch something you really like that is calming. Heck I watch the weather channel, it helps. I really do hope you feel better soon...

I have only just read your post and I'm really sorry you are feeling so bad and having such a hard time. It really has been a tough week for you. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Try and relax and get lots of rest. I amthinking of you.

Hi,

Sorry, I have only just read the posts and sorry you have had such a horrible week. How are you doing now? Hope you are feeling better.

Take care

Luv Hayley

P.S. lovely baby names!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Thanks all for your kind words of encouragement. I made it through the night without v* or d* but I still was unable to sleep. I called my OBGYN and told talked to the nurse who spoke with a doc about my situation and they called in a prescription for a sleep aid since the over the counter one didn't work for me. They also advised that it is totally safe for the baby. I'm at work today and still not feeling that great, but I can't take any more days off at this point. I hope that I can go home tonight and get a good night's sleep and relax a bit with this new pill.

Please pray for me that this bad time gets better soon! Thanks again all. Alissa

Hope you feel better ery soon. When does your maternity leave start?
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I am actually going to work up until I deliver so that I can take extra time off after I have the baby!

Hi Alissa......I am just seeing your post...and want to say wow what a week you had...you poor poor baby. That is horrible...and thank god your baby and you are ok from that accident. I know how scary that is....i was in a wreck when i was 6 months and had to go to the hospital and be put on monitors for a while...eveything turned out fine...but was very scary. I hope that you are feeling somewhat better now. I know everyone has had that cruddy cold you had. I had the same thing for at least 10 days....it sucked..and i felt rotten....anyway just wanted to let you know that i hope you are feeling better now...take care and good luck with your beautiful baby boy...i have two boys also......almost 16 and 12
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this--you are very strong!! Thank God you and your precious baby are alright. I hope things look up for you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thank you all for such great support and kind words of encouragement. It has been one really tough week but I'm hoping this weekend will bring me some relaxation. I do have to work 6 hours tomorrow (AAA doesn't close on Saturday) but my daughter is with her father this weekend so at least I'll have a good night's sleep for the next 2 nights since I won't be worrying about her waking up with an sv*. My husband went to pick up my sleeping pill prescription and I am hoping to be asleep by 9pm tonight for about 11 hours of well needed rest.

A co-worker of mine is also a massage therapist and she worked on my neck and back (which was much needed) for a bit today so hopefully that will also help with some of the pain and soreness.

Thanks again everyone! I'm actually n* again tonight, but it must just be from being pregnant, anxiety, stress, etc. all combined. I hope to report back soon that I'm feeling better!

I am just now reading your message... sounds like you have had too much drama going on for any sense of comfort! My heart goes out to you *hugs*. Is there any chance the nausea could be from the pain you are having in your foot? I know that pain can cause nausea and might be aiding in your anxiety too. Just something to think about...

I also think your employer isn't being sympathetic enough. Can't you get a doctor's note explaining how you need a few days to recover? I mean, you are pregant and was just in an accident! Isn't it against the law to require you to work while you are hurt or sick??? I mean, don't you have any leverage there? I know some workers are part of organizations/ unions where they have people who can help fight for their rights while on the job.

Hope you are doing better and do keep us posted.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Well bummer for me - the sleeping pills didn't even work. I was so looking forward to a good night's sleep and was upset after sleeping for about 2 hours and waking up. Then waking up every hour or so during the night again - I can't believe this is happening to me. I'm going to try to rest and relax again tonight, at least I have tomorrow (Sunday off) and my daughter is with her dad so I can try to get some sleep. I feel like I could just pass out I'm so tired, but when I actually sleep I can't stay asleep.

Thanks again everyone! Hopefully this week is a better one for me.