Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am at work still and it is 5:30. I usually leave promptly at 5 because my two dogs are penned in the kitchen all day while hubby and I are at work and I think 9 hours is enough for them to be penned in a kitchen without being able to go outside and pee and play.

So, I have to stay and wait for one of my co-workers to fininsh something, and I couldn't get hold of my husband (he never frickin answers his cell phone, it PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to go home and feed the dogs and let them out. Otherwise I never know when he is going to get home - sometimes he gets home at 5, other days it is closerto 7. So, after 20 minutes I couldn't get hold of him, so i called my mom and asked her to go over and feed my dogs and let them out (she lives a couple miles away.) She laughed at me and told me I was silly, and shortly after my husband called me and is really annoyed thatr I did that. Well!!! They are my kids, sorry dude!!!!!! They have been alone for 9+ hours!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Dude you are totally right!

How do you think a person would feel if they weren't allowed to pee for 9 hours?

hahaha- ditto what chica said. I feel bad leaving my cat alone for that period of time, and she has a litterbox! 9 hours is a long time for a dog-bladder to hold on, not to mention they must have been hungry.

Not crazy at all!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No way! People's cavalier attitude toward animals makes me sick. My dogs
    are truly a part of the family. I do everything I can to make their lives full and
    happy. They do so much for me in terms of cheering me up and being
    affectionate. They have feelings (both physically and mentally) and I think it's
    disgusting when people don't treat them accordingly. I think that 75% of the
    people who have pets shouldn't.

Well, it's nice to see that people are so in love with their pets. Animal cruelty makes me sick, mad and very sad. When I see someone treating their pet like they were their own child, it makes me smile. My little 5-lb. chihuahua Lucy is my "baby", and I honestly would be miserable without her!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thank you!! I'm glad you guys feel the same. Sometimes I think I have an unnatural attachment to my pets,but they are the best, so who cares!I got the cutest email a few days ago, I'm sure you guys have seen it, but I am going to paste it here. It is SO true!!! Especially the part about I like my pets better than most people. LOL

<DIV>
    Dear Cats and Dogs,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.</DIV>

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king-sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered.

I have been using the bathroom for years--canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is: kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
    2. If you
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I totally know how you feel about your dogs. I had a dog 2 years ago named Sydney. We had her for a total of 10 years and she was my BEST FRIEND, she was my baby! She slept with me on my bed everynight (Even though my parents said she wasn't allowed on the furinture...Oops LoL) She would lay with me when I was sick. So in the end when she got very sick and could barely stand up I would lay next to her and pet her and talk to her. I miss her so much.

Now my parents have a new dog, his name is Smokey. He's not as smart as Sydney or as cute as Sydney but he's cute enough. He doesn't like it when my dad hugs anyone in the family. It's funny cause he'll bark and whine when anyone hugs anyone else, but he gets especially frantic when my dad hugs someone. Also when me and my sister "Play" fight he gets all riled up. I love him, but certainly not as much as Sydney.

My sister has a cat (She lives with my parents) And he's just the cutest little cat, (Not cuter then my Cat Darien but my parents gave him away Anyway when you go to the bathroom in the downstairs bathroom he always paws at the door. And when you open the door he runs right in and expects you to turn the sink on so he can play with the water.

LoL I'm sure you're all sick of the most wonderful things that my pets do...LoL I just love em TO DEATH!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by samara's on tv

LoL I'm sure you're all sick of the most wonderful things that my pets do...LoL I just love em TO DEATH!

~Monica

Monica,

You are a great person for how you treasure your pets, and I know I never get tired of hearing pet stories :-)

My sister has a cat and dog, and whenever we talk on the phone, she tells me about the cute things they do. I think it's so cute how she talks about them, just means she loves them. Gosh, after the Hurricane Katrina hit, the news show would be on site there, showing all the dogs stranded on their porches, and I had to change the channel. I actually cried for them!! I had a cat, a Russian Blue named MOUSE, and she was beautiful!! One night I was sitting on my front lawn, and we I had company over. Well, somehow she got outside and ran into the street, a car came and hit her, right in front of me eyes!!!!! She ran up onto the lawn by me and died. Oh my, I was in such a depression for days, and my Mom post-poned returning to her home 2 hours away, because she was afraid to leave me alone, I was soooooo depressed and couldn't stop crying!! I have the deepest respect for animal lovers!!!!!!!!!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Aww, isn't it the worst when they get old or die? I am still not over my lab that died 12 years ago, not to mention the two that died last summer. Ugh. It is so hard.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I got sad watching Hurricane Katrina stuff too and I was FURIOUS that rescuers made people choose between getting rescued and leaving their pets. But, it did make me feel good that there were SO many groups of people risking everyhting to go down and save the animals. I volunteer at the shelter in my town and we have had quite a few Katrina dogs and catstransported here and they are doing very well. Actually I thinkmost of them have been adopted, so that's good.

You're not absurd by any means. Either my husband or I go home at lunch to let our dogs out every day. People may think we're crazy to schedule our lives around our pets, but they are my life!! I love those precious little souls more than words can say. I am the first to admit that I do treat my pets as I would a child. I love them so much, I love to spend time with them, and just love to look at them, wonder what they're thinking, hope they feel like they're loved.

I love all animals and have a very difficult time hearing about any living thing being harmed. People who think it's "silly" to be concerned about such things need to realize that these are living beings who have been raised to depend on us, and we have a responsibility to follow up on our promise to them to do so. They feel uncomfortable when they're not allowed to go outside and pee, they get hungry like you and I do, they get bored, they miss us. I would have done the same thing if I would have been in your position. Nine hours is pushing the puppy bladder limit!!!

[img]uploads/images/2jo2/B3F_chloe.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/images/2jo2/2Z5_dinky.jpg[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

My mini doxie is my baby! I come home every day at lunch to take her outside, she sleeps next to me at night....I'd take her everywhere with me if I could. Her name is Caramel, and she's the cutest dog ever! She loves to have her belly rubbed, and would let me rub her for hours if I had the time and energy. My mom even calls Caramel her grandchild....my dog is such a part of the family.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

It isn't an unnatural attachment at all, it's actually being responsible.

It a basic sense it's the same as having a child. By bringing a pet
    into your life you become responsible for its health and wellbeing. I
    don't think it's crazy at all to schedule your life around your pets,
    as a matter of fact I think that's exactly what a pet owner's job
    is...to adjust their life in order to be sure their pets needs are met.
    It's a fair trade since we're the ones who ask animals to live in our
    world and behave by our rules (ie: not peeing in the house)

2jo2:

Beautiful doggies!!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

kel12347 ~~

Do you have any pics of Caramel?

My little Lucy curls up and sleeps right by my shoulder and cheek every night too. She is soooo my baby [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well said, chicajojobe!

Thanks californiagirl!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

2jo2, your dogs are gorgeous!

I had a cross labrador alsation similar to the pic of your onemanyyears back and eventually he was put to sleep due to old age, his legs wouldnt work anymore,he couldnt walk and he lost control of himself. He was an absolute star and completely nuts and I still miss him.

Due to long working hours and my hubby does shifts, I cant really have a dogso I now have a lunatic rabbit called Ralphy (after Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons) hes a complete fruitcake and is my baby. My family evenput his name in the Christmas cards last year!!!!!!

I domnt see why people have isues with animals, they all have feelings just like us and should be treated with respect and humanity.

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I absolutely love both my dogs. I understand your problem totally. And my b/f/ is the same way about not answering his damn cell phone! Everytime I call it he never asnwerws! ARG!
    *Mandi*

I just want to say that I treat my dog as if she were my daughter. I can't imagine loving a "human" child anymore than I love her. Sometimes I think other people think I am nuts, but too bad! So, you're not alone.

This is to everyone who treats their pets like they are their children and love them sooooo much: You are not silly or ridiculous at all----you are great people who have very loved and lucky pets[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I adore my dogs....and itsa good job because I have 11 of them [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

(2 Deerhounds, 4 retired Greyhounds, 1 lurcher, 4 mutts)

Mjewell - you were just being a responsible pet owner, good for you for not wantingyour dogsto go all that time without being let out or fed. I'm sure if your hubby and mum had to cross their legs and go without food for more than nine hours they'd soon be complaining!

I just love animals in any shape or form, especially dogs. Whenever I feel low my pets always manage to make me smile and cheer me up. They love so unconditionally and bring so much joy into our lives.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I'm with you. My dog is my baby! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: Girlygirl1980s

Quote Originally Posted by bevduk

I adore my dogs....and itsa good job because I have 11 of them [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

(2 Deerhounds, 4 retired Greyhounds, 1 lurcher, 4 mutts)

Wow, 11!!! I wish i could have more, but my yard and house woul dnever forgive me

Quote Originally Posted by halfoverthefur
    I agree. My dog is definitely the love of my life. I dare say I love her more than anybody! People pick on me because I will never leave her for more than 6 hours at a time. I have had her over 9 years, and if my ex-husband didn't agree to let me take her, I would still be married to him. There was no way I could ever part with her!

me too. I'm so glad to see so many other people feel the same way.

You're not crazy at all!!!! When I'm in class and I know my dog and cat are home alone they are all I think about! I'm the last one to leave the house in the morning and when I get in my car my puppy jumps into our living room window and watches me leave. She looks so sad that one day, I cried! I guess I was PMS'ing, but I just broke into tears and almost turned around and went home. I treat them like they're my children. When I went away to school for the semester I used to call home, talk to my parents for a little while, and make them put me on speaker phone so my dog could hear my voice! lol She obviously had no idea what was going on but it made me feel better!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Aw, you guys are all so devoted to your pets! Its beautiful!

I don't understand people who 'hate' animals, I just don't. How can you? This sounds daft, but I swear, my cat is my best friend! I've had her for 9 years, it was love at first sight [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]found her down the road from my house, she was only a tiny little kitten, and she'd been dumped there by someone. She came running up to me, meowing, and then clawed her wayup my leg as if to say "Help me!" -she's been my best mate ever since then...I talk to her constantly, go looking for her if she's not around, and she waits for me to come home every day. I'm even scared to go away for more than a day, because we miss each other!

It sounds morbid, but I dread the day when she passes away...I tear up just thinking about it. I am going to be so lost.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I understand how you feel about when you will lose your pet. Last summer my dog tore her ACL in her leg and had to have 3 surgeries. There was a time when she wasn't eating and losing weight, and I was so scared I was going to have to put her down. But then she perked back up. My dog will be 10 years old in 2 months, so I know we are on limited time, but I just try to enjoy every moment I have with her.

Have any of you seen the PETCO commercial where there is an adorable little weinerdog (doxie), who had a very long stuffed fabric toy? He carries the toy around with him everywhere, and he gets it all dirty and worn out, then the owner takes it when he's sleeping. The next day he and his owner go to PETCO, pick out another toy exactly like the other one, and the dog carries it, won't let it go, so the store cashier carries the dog and scans the pice of the toy while the dog carries it in his mouth. The cpmmercial ends with the owner and dog walking off with the little dog carrying the toy, which hangs out of either side of his mouth, and he is so happy. I LOVE that commercial!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

YES!!! I saw that commercial last night and me and my mom were laughing so hard. It's adorable!! I love those dogs, my aunt has a long-haired dashaund (sp?) and he's such a sweetie
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I love that commercial, too! Even though I am more partial to big dogs, that one is adorable.