Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my daughter had an sv on saturday (by the way, thanks to everyone who posted and got me through that!) I have been sooo on edge, pretty much just waiting to get it myself, but so far nothing (knock on wood) Now it's friday, does anyone know how long the incubation period for the sv is? when can i stop worrying? i'm hoping for some encouraging words...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Lilmama

I think you would have it by now if you were going to get it. I usually work on 48 hours and then I feel safe![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think you're past the incubation period. I'm sure you'll be fine, and glad to hear your daughter is OK.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I usually wait out a 3 day period. Actually I do EXACTLY 72 hours. That is part of my fear. I have to go to the exact minute of "being safe".

I also have a question. How long can the virus live outside of the person? In other words if someone has the virus and touches something, how long will the virus live on that surface?

tshell

I think you are pretty much in the clear...WOOHOO