Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am going to New Zealand at the end of March, which I am excited about, but I am getting more worried about the flight. It'll be for 22 1/2 hours, with a quick touch down in Bangkok (I don't think we get off the plane for that). I get a bit stressed on planes anyway (not helped by the fact that when they take off they feel like a rollercoaster which I hate!), but I'm not sure how I'm going to do with such a long flight and such a lot of people sharing the same loos etc. I also feel really nauseus when I'm tired, so I'm worried about jetlag too... I'm so determined not to let this spoil what will be an otherwise fantastic holiday, so any tips would be great!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I flew to Germany about 10 years ago, and if I remember correctly, the flight was about 17 hours. Bring lots of stuff to do. Books, music, crafts, a journal, anything to keep you occupied. I'm sure they will have an in flight movie, too. Bring some snacks and water to keep you from getting dehydrated. If you need to, get a prescription for some tranquilizers from your doctor. They will put you to sleep for a little while, at least, and help with the nervousness.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I sleep as much as possible on flights... and I fly... A LOT! Also, when you get
    there, if you take a bath for 30 min with epsom salt, it helps to draw the
    impurities out that can make you jetlagged.

I am heading on 18 hours of flight all by myself in 2 days. I fly business
    class on long flights because there are a lot less people using the bathroom
    and you can always get water or something to eat... and you aren't so DARN
    CLOSE to other people the whole darn time.

Im not a great lover of flying and the maximum I have flown is about 6 hours (I know thats really kinda poor!).

However the last 2 times I have flown I have taken a couple of diazepam for 2 days leading up to the flight and have been alot more relaxed than I would have been. I was honest with my doc, told him I was scared of flying and he suggested that.

Hope this may help.

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ativan is my best friend when flying!! That and ginger pills.

Make sure you stay HYDRATED!!! On long flights, water can pass through you really really quickly. I learned this out the hard way on my flight to spain...I didn't drink enough, fell asleep, woke up at nine AM (3 AM my time), went to the bathroom, and got kind of dizzy. Half a bottle of water later, perfectly fine!

I hope that you have a good flight!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!