Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey!

As I've probably told most of you, I was in Spain on an exchange for three weeks. I came back yesterday. So, I had to take a plane for about eight or nine hours. I don't have any problems with planes, I'm fine with them. The ride to Spain was fine. The way back, however, was not.

Most of the ride was fine, until about half an hour before landing we started to get some turbulence (from the wind). I, for one, LOVE turbulence because it feels like a roller coaster! So I was having fun. However, we were soon tipping a LOT and bouncing. All of a sudden, basically all of the people around me took out their v* bags!! i didn't really get too nervous though, and was looking out the window at the tipping ground. All of a sudden I heard a coughing sound right in front of me, and then it turned into gagging! It was my chaperone, v*ing.I got pretty nervous and started to shake, but i figured that it was just that one episode. However, she did it again and again and again! By that time I had turned around in my seat in the aisle to look at my friend who knows about my emet. This is whereit's sort of a triumph and sort of not. I was crying and was telling her to help me, and I curled up on my seat and closed my eyes and plugged my ears. That's a NOT triumph. However, i didn't run away, didn't get up, no screaming, and didn't avoid her or anything. That's my triumph.

It was kind of embarrasing though, cause there was this guy across from me wh kept looking at me, obviously because i was sitting in my seat crying. I think he thought that I was scared of turbulence...lol! But when she started to v* again and I sort of curled up again, i think he figured it out. I hope he didnt' think that I was some sort of crazy loon!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I think that was amazing, the fact that you were able to stay in your seatand didnt "loose the plot". A big well done and you should feel v proud.

If that had of been me I think I would have died from a panic attack given that Im not a great lover of flying either, and the turbulence would have finished me right off!!!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Turbulence is fun for me for a little bit but then I start to get motion sickness from it. If it's just a LITTLE bit for a LITTLE while I'm fine, but if it lasts longer then a few minutes I get sick. I've never actually V*ed on a plane but I've felt like it a few different times.

If I was you in that situation I would have been freaking out and screaming and trying to get out of my seat. It's amazing that you did what you did and didn't really freak out. At least the person NEXT to you wasn't V*ing...that would have totally sucked. GOOD JOB!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by laneyb

I think that was amazing, the fact that you were able to stay in your seatand didnt "loose the plot". A big well done and you should feel v proud.

If that had of been me I think I would have died from a panic attack given that Im not a great lover of flying either, and the turbulence would have finished me right off!!!!!

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job getting through it girl.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

That is definitely a triumph! You did really really well.

I am not sure how I would have coped in that situation - definitely would have cried but how much more I would have done in panic I dont know because you are in an enclosed space and not easy to get away from!

Well done - you did great!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]