Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone. This might sound ridiculous. But today while I was puttin gon my mascara, my hand jerked for some odd reason and I ended up stabbing myself in the eye with the mascara wand. And of course I got mascara all in my eye. So I flushed it with water and tried everything possible. And Now I have a Black dot on the Iris of my eye and it wont go awa.

My question is....do you think I puncutred my eye somehow and that in penetrated into my eye and its stuck inside my eye? Im getting so stressed out! My b/f is working tonight and I cant get a hold of him. Id ont know if I shold go to the emergency room or not. What will they have to do to get it out? I dont want any needles in my eyes or anythign!

I read that eye injuries can cause nausea! Help! I dont know waht to do! I duno if I should go the ER or just rest my eye and see if it goes away? Any suggestions?
    *Mandi*

does it hurt? im not an expert or a doctor or anything, but if it hurts, go to the emergency room, just in case. if not, try resting it and keep flushing it with water. i wish i could be of more help!

feel better!

-hayley xoxo

I tried closing my eye for a few hours with a damp cloth...and I just opened it now and that black dot is still there. It sort of burns a little but nothing major. But if I punctured my eye would it be bleeding or something?
    *Mandi*

Eyes don't bleed much. BUT, if you punctured your eye, you would know it!

You might have scratched your cornea. You should probably have it looked
    at if it stings after a few hours.

The nausea is from injuries that impair your vision, I think. Blurry vision and
    the inability to focus.

<<The nausea is from injuries that impair your vision, I think. Blurry vision and
    the inability to focus>>

Yep, I agree with Reese here. I think I read somewhere that the nausea is due to the fact that vision impairment can lead to balance problems and dizziness- the same way that an ear injury/infection can. If you did puncture your eye you would know- apparently it hurts like a mutha (saw it happen when I played baseball)

As a serial mascara-eye-poker, I can't say that I've done a lot of damage. A few times I did have a black dot on my eye for a day (stupid waterproof mascara), but it always went away. However, if your eye becomes swollen, itchy or red, that may be a sign that some bacteria got in and it's en route to becoming infected (mascara brushes aren't the cleanest things). I woudn't jump the gun right now- but if it gets worse do go in!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have actually scratched my eye and had it bleed - trust me... not an experience you would want to have in a million years! It was more frightening than anything else and I was rushed to the ER, only to find out it was rather minor (but the symptoms suggested something potentially VERY serious!). My finger nail cut the white of my eye - ouch...

I would continue to wash your eye out with water and call you doc in the morning if it doesn't seem to go away. Maybe an urgent care clinic could clean your eye out for you or something. You more than likely just have it irritated, so avoid using contacts until the pain goes away.

Eye problems and nausea are usually related to vision stuff. My new glasses made me VERY sick and we found out the lab that cut them made them EXTREMELY WRONG! My eyes were swelling, getting blood shot, I was having migraines, dizziness, and severe nausea. I am in the process of getting my glasses fixed and I'm back to my old glasses until my new ones can be accurately cut.

An infection in the eye would cause some pain, but shouldn't impact your stomach unless your vision were somehow distorted or impaired. If you are having vision problems, then maybe you need to see your doc rather soon.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whew! Thanks everyone! I fell asleep las tntie and woke up with the black thing gone! Thank GOd! Im glad I didnt have to go to the ER...Id be too nervous about catching somethign!
    *Mandi*