Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Rice cooker

Does anyone have a tip on a rice cooker? I looked at Kmart last night but the only ones they have make 16 cups. Who the hell needs a gallon of rice? I looked on Amazon and most of their small ones have awful reviews. Since rice is such a staple of the emet diet, I thought someone here would have an answer.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Erm. I have a rice cooker that can hold8 cups. I think that if you can get to an asian supermarket, they have them there. I'm not sure where to find the one that I have because mine is pretty old, but if you can get to an asian supermarket you should find one not that expensive, that works =] Minewas made in Japan. Hope that helps.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I have no idea about rice cookers. I love rice, but I do the minute rice thing. I just had to reply because you make a good point. Who the hell does need a gallon of rice? LOL
    \"This too shall pass\"

I don't know. Maybe if you're having a really big dinner party?

Hmm..a gallon of rice? The only thing I can think of is the restaurants and if a family is having a big celebration like for Lunar New Years and they have family over. O.o lol. I love rice too. ^^

Hehehe- it may seem like a lot but in cultures where one of the main staples is rice, like many areas of asia, an average familycan go through a lot of it in a few days. I didn't believe how much until I saw it with my own eyes. Question- do the bigger models give you the option of choosing the amount you can make? If so, companies may make the big ones because they are more multi-purpose.

I'm with Wing- I would definitely check out chinatown if a rice cooker is what you are looking for. I'm sure you can find a smaller one that suits your needs- not to mention you will be buying it from someone who will likely know what they are talking about if they recommend a model to you.

Wing- I know you mentioned previously that you are chinese. So, I thought I would post a picture for you- I was in Sydney Australia a few weeks ago and at the Opera House they had a stage set up outside and had performers from China in honour of the New Year. I had my digital, so I got my uncle to snap a few pics for me (I'm tall but he's taller)- and here is my favourite:

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/87D_chinesenewyear.jpg[/img]

One of the solo dancers [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

=O Wow!! Amber, that's soo cool lol. Thanks!! =] She is pretty. I've never seen anything like that except in pictures. Its pretty sad that I'm chinese and I haven't lol. I have to travel one day. I have yet to leave North America. x] I don't even go see showswhere Iam. I'mdeprived. Oh well, when I graduate college I'll travel one day! *determined* xDDEven though you dont celebrate, happy new year to you

Yea, the main staple in asian cultures is rice asin my household. I eat it every night, so I guess if we just cooked 16 cups, it would be gone, had we had 10 people in my family lol.

Oh. Even if you bought the big one, you dont have to make 16 cups or rice. You can make any amount you desire. Mine is 8 cups but sometimes if I just want lunch with my sister, I will make 2 cups or so. =]Edited by: wing