Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

this is probably going to sound absurd..

but if your signif other has been ill..
    lets say he was v* and d* a few weeks ago.

the odds of someone contracting anything
    through kissing this many weeks later is just about NILL,
    right? (or even a few days after?)

im just upset because my stomach is feeling rather off,
    and am xperiencing odd bowels..
    after kissing him all day..
    so i ASSUME, of course that he still has the virus within his mouth!

but that isnt so, right? its probably an obvious answer. but i get a little nuts when i am feeling "off"..(which is frequent).

Some places say that a SV is contagious for up to 2 weeks after the person has stopped showing symptoms, while other places will say they aren't contagious past a few days. I don't know what to believe. Just remember that people are sometimes carriers of illnesses that they never contract.

Chances are that you are perfectly fine though. If anything, at least you got the SV or a cold or any other virus ENJOYING YOURSELF [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]in the process! Nerves could easily stress your stomach out if you are worrying about potentially getting sick after the fact.

Do keep us posted.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

up to 2 weeks contagion after an sv sickness would be via theFECAL matter and contact with hands from that to mouth or eyes.
    isnt that true???
    so unless i was making out with his BEEEEEHIND..i should be fine?

as for being a carrier of illness without showing symptoms..
    does that include sv's? i dont see how it could possibly be true for sv's.
    since the virus is only in the v* or d*? cananyone bring truth to that?

carriers (via the mouth) who dont show symptomsare generally just for colds and flus right? i could care less about those.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i would REALLY appreciate someones knowledge about this.

Edited by: liz28

liz,

There is no fixed rule about how infectious a person is after they have had a sv, all the scientific literature states that anywhere between 2 and 14 days after the last symptom subsides, and yes that will only be through the fecal - oral route (which is the main mode of transmission even when they are actively ill anyway). Kissing someone 2 weeks after they have had a sv would be a very improbable route of you catching it.

As for asymptomatic carriers of the virus, then yes they do exist, I was only reading about this the other day, I think the report said up to 30% of people could be asymptomatic carriers. With these people they again would only be infectious through the fecal route as they have no v* and as such the virus will not have made its way from the gut to the mouth. The thing you have to remember is that norovirus and rotavirus, the main 2 nasties out there are infections of the intestines and not the stomach, and as such for someone to be infectious through the mouth the virus has to be shed from the intestines upwards. Now because the stomach and intestines are connected, this is possible when people vomit, but not unless that happens.

Hope this helps and that you are feeling better.

Iain

Iain, you definately know your onions mate[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]it's great to have you here!