Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

if you're grossed outby the talk of POOP, dont bother reading this. haha.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Okay i just randomly came across this article and found it interesting...epsecially sinceoccasionally i'll getupset at the fact that "gee my poo was a weirdo color today"or that i wasnt going 3x a day like iTHOUGHT i was supposed to. and also, i guess d* is only considered to be d* if you had a loose watery stool THREE TIMES a day. never knew!

http://ibscrohns.about.com/od/dailylife/a/normalbm.htm

<H2>Do you know what a normal bowel movement is?</H2>

Most of us spend most of our time trying not to think about our bowel movements, so it’s no surprise that many people do not know what a “normal” bowel movement is. The fact is that there is no 1 definition of a normal bowel movement. There are gradations of normal, and every person is going to have different bowel habits. There are, however, several signs that a bowel movement is abnormal and should be discussed with a physician.
    <H3>Once a day, right?</H3>

Many people believe that the definition of a normal bowel movement is having 1 movement each day, but that is not true for everyone. There is no rule for frequency of bowel movements, but the general range is from 3 times a day to 3 times a week. Less than 3 movements a week may indicate constipation, and more than 3 watery stools a day could indicate diarrhea.
    <H3>Size and shape</H3>

A bowel movement should be soft and easy to pass, though some people may have harder or softer stools than others. Stool should be brown or golden brown, be formed, have a texture similar to peanut butter, and have a size and shape similar to a sausage.
    <DIV id=gB3>
    <H5>Constipation</H5></DIV>

Constipation is a very common problem and is estimated to be the cause for approximately 2 million doctor visits each year. Constipation is hard, dry, lumpy stools that are difficult or painful to pass that may be accompanied by and discomfort. Chronic dehydration, lack of exercise, and low amounts of dietary fiber can all lead to constipation. Drinking enough water each day and avoiding caffeine can help prevent dehydration. At least 30 minutes of exercise (even brisk walking is better than no aerobic activity) most days of the week is recommended for better overall health. There should be enough fiber in the diet to insure that stools are soft and pass painlessly and easily.
    <H3>Diarrhea</H3>

Diarrhea is loose, watery stool that occur more than 3 times in 1 day and, in most people, is a common problem that usually lasts a day or 2 and does not need any treatment. Causes include infection, side effects of medication, and food intolerance. Diarrhea may need treatment if it lasts more than 3 days and is accompanied by fever, severe pain or dehydration, or if it looks black, tarry, or contains blood.
    <H3>Change in bowel habits</H3>

A normal bowel movement is different for each person and may vary in consistency and frequency. There are, however, several indications that a bowel movement is abnormal and may be the sign of a more serious problem.

A change in bowel habits includes any constant change in bowel frequency, color, consistency, or shape of stools. This sign warrants special concern in people who are over the age of 50 years.

Interesting. I'd never really thought about how poop should look if you are healthy until a programme came on over here called 'You Are What You Eat'. A nutritionalist on that prgramme examines [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]people's poo and tells them what is wrong and how they need to change their diets. She says a healthy poo "should not smell putrid, it should be a brown conker colour and it should not be hard pellets."

Lovely conversation topic eh, lol?
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

How would you like to be the guy that had to do the research for that article![img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]