Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

this is sort of stupid and negative and over-anayltical...so i apologize..
    p.s. this should probably be in the xperiences section. sorry.

The past two nights I've done something that I dont generally LIKE to do during the cold season, but did. I went to two different concerts, and stayed in two different hotels.The first concert probably had like 600 ppl there. The second not as much. Both involving being like tiny bits of inches away from another person. (eeeeeee)...and shakingTONS AND TONSof hands. (EEEEEEEEE!!!) friends of friends. band people, etc.

It ended up being enjoyable and I wasnt worried about catching random sv*'s from people(AT THE TIME), and mostly my mind was too busy with other things like people watching. However, now that I am home and thinking about it (as us emets usually tend to obsess).. i am sort of appalled at myself..

like WHY did i put myself in the situation to MAYBE catch something?
    im sure it was a normal and good and healthy thing. and im sure tons of other people will have gone and enjoyed themselves and not worried or not gotten sick. but yet here i am being STUPID and overanalyzing a situation that has already passed.

at any flinch of a feeling in my belly, or my body, or my hot/colds..i'll start kicking myself for going to those shows. im thinking about the frickin bathroom and how when i went I couldnt figure out the weirdo faucet so I ended up having to touch it a lot with my BARE HANDS, even after i washed, as i wasnt THINKING about using a paper towel instead. oh geeeeeez. STUPID.
    [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

i am going to be feeling on edge like this for the next 3 days! until i know ive passed the point of contracting something!

do any of you have stories where you were in largely crowded areas during the dead of winter?? and you were just fine?? came out fine? no sickness?
    i need some positivity. Edited by: liz28

Yes! In fact, I was just there a few times. Three weeks ago i went on a flight to spain. This meant that I was stuck ina huge airport, and then on a plane with the same people for eight hours! No sickness from that. I have also been in school auditoriums and gyms packed with hundereds of people, and no sickness either of those times! I' m sure that you will be fine. Just think, you went out and managed to have a good time in that crowded place! That should be a huge triumph for you, especially if you haven't done it in a long time. Congrats!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yeah it should be a huge triumph for you. I don't think I would have been able to do it. Hell I can hardly go to a crowded BAR let alone a concert! I think you'll be fine. Chances are if someone was sick they probably wouldn't have come to the concert anyway! I've been to some concerts in winter and crowded into a bunch of people and never got sick...I was even accidentally thrown into the mosh pit...boy was THAT horrible. Anyway I think You'll be fine!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I'm actually in large crowds more often in winter than in summer, because I genuinely enjoy winter more and am more motivated to go out. So, off to bars (the one I go to some Sunday nights almost always reaches capacity, which meanship to hip), malls, concerts, Winterlude (winter festival- large crowd), not to mention school! My school has about 30,000 students- walking through the university centre on a weekday sometimes required the strategic use of elbows- if only I had a bulldozer for personal use....And even though I am in large groups more often in winter, I am actually sick more in the summertime (which is part of the reason why I don't understand the focus on winter as the evil season- I spent most of last summer sick in bed!)

You can't beat yourself up over wanting to go out and live your life! Not to mention- whats done is done, and there is no point in going back and overanalysing the situation and finding things that you believe you shouldn't have done or did wrong. If you had fun while you were out and about, that is all you should focus on. The way that you write your post you can tell that YOU know this- you know that what you are doing is unecessary- so when you find your mind drifting to what you believe you did wrong, or wondering if you are going to catch something- quickly switch and think about some of the fun stuff that happened over the weekend. The parts that you particularly enjoyed, or funny incidents that happened.

Viruses are tricky- you don't need to be ina big crowd to get one. You can avoid all those crowded situations and get it while picking up toilet paper at the corner market. Avoiding those larger-scale, fun times doesn't guarantee that you will remain illness free.

Hope you calm down and stop making yourself feel bad [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.