Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help Scared

I am the crazy emetophobe that decided to go to med school. I
    just want to know if anyone gets d* often or once and a while? I
    just did have it realy bad a few minutes ago. what are the
    chances that its a bug? help? I know there isnt much anyone
    can do but I am just so scared.

I get it a few times a month- completely not illness related! In fact, when I am sick it rarely happens- it usually for me results from what I eat and when I eat it. I actually even LIKE getting it once and awhile because I feel it cleans me out, and the next day I feel great.

If diarhhea is your only symptom, and you are otherwise fine, don't freak yet, it may not be anything to worry about.

How's med school treating you?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm a nursing major, don't think I could handle med school! I give you a lot of credit. I get d* every now and then. Like Amber said, if that's the only symptom it could be anything, but most likely not a sv*. Usually I get it when I drink too much coffee, or too much caffeine in general. I always feel better afterwards. No worries! You'll be fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

\"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Med school is crazy. I am just in the school part of it. I
    start the hospital rotations in a year and a half. That part
    scares me the most. I dont know how Ill get through it. My
    phobia has been in high gear. I have an exam in the morning and I
    am terrified I will be sick. So far I had it once about 15
    minutes ago. I am afraid to sleep cause I dont want to wake up
    v* On top of everything else I live alone and my family is too
    far to come over. UGH thanks for you reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yep, the hospital rotation will probably scare the crap out of you for the first few days or even weeks- but it will get easier, and you will get less and less scared as time goes by and you see that you CAN handle it. Doctors and nurses have some of the best immune systems- my boyfriend is a nurse and is hardly ever sick. Hell, when he DOES get sick, it's not something he picked up at work, but rather from me!

You have to get some sleep- especially if you have an exam tomorrow. You don't want to be tired and risk not obsorbing the information, or not doing well. The stress over the exam could even be what caused it- your body does funny things when it feels pressure. If I were you I would get some sleep and assess how you feel in the morning- chances are it will be a lot better. By keeping yourself up, you may be making it MORE likely that you may feel nauseous because sleep deprivation does make many people feel ill. That, and I'm a firm believer that sometimes being asleep does prevent some cases of vomitting- I know that when I feel really nasty the first thing I try to do is fall asleep, because I figure I can ride the worst of it out while unconscious. That, and my body ALWAYS wakes me up if I'm going to vomit- it has since I was a preteen. If I am going to be sick, it wakes me up usually about 15 minutes before it's going to happen.

Hope in this case, the grossness that is coming out of your butt isn't symptomatic of anything else [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, when I'm nervous about something happening the next day, I am in the bathroom going #2. That's how it goes for me when I get nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by mak79007
    Med school is crazy. I am just in the school part of it. I start the hospital rotations in a year and a half. That part scares me the most. I dont know how Ill get through it. My phobia has been in high gear. I have an exam in the morning and I am terrified I will be sick. So far I had it once about 15 minutes ago. I am afraid to sleep cause I dont want to wake up v* On top of everything else I live alone and my family is too far to come over. UGH thanks for you reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks guys! I am going to stick around and then go to bed when I feel more calm. I took xanax a few minutes ago.