Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My dad definitely has some kind of sv* because he has a 102.0 fever, aches, stomach pains, fatigue, weakness, everything except v* (he may have had d* a few times, but I was afraid to ask). I'm too scared to go to sleep and wake up sick. I am so exhausted, it's that time of the month and I'm crampy and tired but too panic-stricken to sleep. I really can't deal with this anymore! I know there are so many people in the world who are a lot worse off than myself but this is just so frustrating. My family is very supportive but I know that they really don't understand my fear. My mom thinks it's time for counseling but that scares me too. I can't see fighting the fear without actually v*ing and I don't think I'll ever be ready to do it. I hate this. I don't feel very well but right now I'm blaming it on nerves and my period. I know that there are so many phobias in this world but this has to be one of the worst ones. I feel like crying[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Well- if you are not feeling sick now (no fever, chills, etc.), then why worry about it? That, and if you are going to catch this thing, being awake or being asleep won't affect anything. I know that I would rather sleep for a few hours, and wake up feeling sick than keep myself awake panicking, and then feeling sick anyway (not to mention sleep deprived).

I say give counselling a chance- even though you feel that the only way to fight the fear is to vomit yourself- if you work on the thought processes that reinforce why you think vomitting is so horrible and should be avoided at all costs, it really makes a difference. It's not vomitting itself that is the issue- it's how you have constructed this act in your mind.

Hope you are able to get some sleep! (and remain illness free of course- having someone sick in the house is always frustrating- not to mention a little scary!)

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.