Does anyone else have a mother-in-law like me? She thinks it is perfectly OK to eat food with expired dates on it. She thinks as long as it wasn't open, then it is OK, even if it expired years ago! She also tends to let things sit out on the counter like eggs, leftover pizza, and yesterday lasagna, which I had to eat! I have told my husband all about my fear and why I don't like eating at her house. First off, I ate some sort of cream cheese fruit dip. I couldn't see the date, and I try not to be so paranoid, but once I finally turned the container around, it said it expired in September 2005. She made two different lasangas. I saw one sitting on the counter when we got there, and we didn't eat until two hours later. When I bit into it, it was room temperature. Then I think she told someone she made it yesterday, so knowing her, it sat out on the counter since yesterday! Food is only supposed to sit out for two hours. The good news is, I didn't get sick. I took Pepto-Bismol twice, just in case. I have heard that is good for some types of bacteria. But I have told my husband that I am never putting anything in my mouth again at his mother's house![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]